1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What species of T likes to web up their viv?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by SpyderRookie, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Advertisement
    Thinking about getting another species of T preferably one that just heavily webs up the entire viv or enclosure. Any suggestions will be throughly researched.:cool:

2. Hobo

Hobo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Staff Member

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
    [​IMG]

3. SonnyAZ

SonnyAZ Arachnopeon

4. BrynWilliams

BrynWilliams Arachnoprince

Above link is a good read, i personally love my GBB's efforts as well as my OBTs to a slightly lesser extent. My Hmac has a lovely habit of dragging all her substrate up everywhere

5. Shea

Shea Arachnosquire

MI
    yeah GBB is the way to go

6. Motorkar

Motorkar Arachnobaron

Avicularias are amazing webers too.

7. Hatr3d

Hatr3d Arachnosquire

Italy
    Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
    Chilobrachys fimbriatus
    Holothele incei
    Ceratogyrus species.

8. webbedone

webbedone Arachnobaron

Hobo you got the purdiest of pictures!

9. That is exactly what I'm looking for nice

Thank you

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Thank you all now I just hope I can find a breeder here in the U.K.:wall:

10. Motorkar

Motorkar Arachnobaron

11. BrynWilliams

Mate have a look at reptileforums.co.uk classifieds, there are a few GBBs on there.

Alternatively, thespidershop.co.uk is selling some GBB 2cm slings which could be grown on and are also prolific webbers

Also, virginiacheeseman.co.uk is also selling a few juveniles (i personally think she's a great supplier)

Hope it helps

Bryn

12. Thanks for the info I'll check it out. By the way Bryn do you know where I could get coconut fiber here in the UK. I was thinking about B & Q but I didn't want to drive 45 mins to be disappointed.

13. dannyboypede

dannyboypede Arachnosquire

My C. fasciatum webs a lot. However, it is not very thick like the GBB.

--Dan

14. BrynWilliams

if you don't have a local reptile shop to visit then check out either the equipment section of dartfrog.co.uk

Dartfrog sells nice bulk deals and whole bunch of great stuff for vivs.

alernatively thespidershop also sells it, but at a rather inflated rate.

15. Cool thanks for the info :D

16. jbm150

jbm150 Arachnoprince

My obts are big time webbers, as is my C. fimbriatus. My P. cambridgei has quite a bit of webbing ALL throughout her 10 gal home too

17. Mez

Mez Arachnoknight

Unfortunately a lot of people over value their Ts on RFUK, because they originally bought them from shops, and I bet Virginias juveniles are similar sized to Lee's slings, so id go for that option of the two. I've bought from both and been happy on all occasions.
    My biggest webber is my C. darlingii, but I don't have a GBB.

18. BrynWilliams

I agree on the RFUK valuing point of view, know of any other good forums where they advertise (other than the BTS which seems really quiet)

19. dragonlover1981

dragonlover1981 Arachnopeon

uk
    I like rfuk my self mostly because i brought my GBB slung for £8 including p+p plenty of good advice in the Spiders and invert section and also mostly uk keepers. To the guy after substrate also try 888 reptiles and also good old ebay.

20. Satu

Satu Arachnopeon

There's Arachnophiles. Not sure how their prices are -- I've not looked very closely!