What should I get

AmphibianAddict

Arachnopeon
I’ve been looking at bugsincyberspace.com and I thought I’d get some more inverts, so what should I get
A ghost mantis, a Malaysian dead leaf mantis, some velvet ants, blue death feigning beetles, some more isopods, or some more roaches?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Heck, just get all of them...if you are anything like most of us here you will eventually anyway :)

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
How big do they get exactly? That’s one thing I didn’t look into.
I googled it and it said that the females get to about 65-70mm and males get to about 45mm.

I think this is the video I saw on YouTube that made me put my vote toward this guy :D. This one's a subadult:

AmphibianAddict

Arachnopeon
Okay, so I know everyone wants me to get a dead leaf mantis, but they also apparently have spiny flower mantises so I’ll probably get one of those, unless the dead leaf mantises are better in some way? Are they?

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Okay, so I know everyone wants me to get a dead leaf mantis, but they also apparently have spiny flower mantises so I’ll probably get one of those, unless the dead leaf mantises are better in some way? Are they?
Having kept both I can actually say my female dead leaf was my favorite mantis I've kept, the flower mantis was a close second though but the size, leaf mimicry and amazing threat display lean me towards suggesting the leaf mantis.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Personally I vote for the beetles :angelic:
Mostly because mantis have a short lifespan and I have no idea how to breed them :rolleyes:....