WhaT now?

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Hey Guys, this year was kinda successful for me, i had the chance to keep 5 praying mantids, that were wild caught and not bought or home-rasied (2 males caught at L5 Stage, still alive, 2 Females caught on L4 stage, both dead, 1 Adult female still alive). usually the first i catch is kinda special to me, But i just woke up today to find out she hadnt moulded correctly, exactly like the other female, so i was pretty sad. I Want to make some things clear for praying mantis keepers so this doesnt happen to them. DONT KEEP YOUR PRAYING MANTIS IS A COFFE CUP AFTER L6, females seem to have a harder time shedding since they're bigger. I Sadly made that mistake, so now im left with 2 males (1 L8 Adult, 1 Sub Adult. And an adult female). Hopefully I Can start breeding at the 14th of Aug. My question is now though : what should i do with the half-dead female that failed to molt, she is still alive but disabled. Should i feed her to my adult female hoping that will help her produce more offspring, or free her from her suffering, by freezing her.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Can she eat properly? It may be possible to have her recover if she can eat. If not, then I would feed it to something else. Not sure if your female mantis would eat her, but freezing her may be a waste. If she won't take it, then just freeze her. That really sucks. Always hate to have to make that decision :sorry: Good luck to you :)

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Yesterday she was licking my finger, and I remembered that they do that when they're thirsty, so I put her a bottle cap filled with water and she drank it all! After that I fed her 2 beetle pupas, and today a mealworm,see might not be able to recover in her state, but she might be able to survive