What non-Venomous tarantulas can you get in Australia

Mazycat44

Arachnopeon
I'm just wondering what non lethal to people (common name) tarantulas can you get in Australia?

Last edited:

Mazycat44

Arachnopeon
and u should try to learn the scientific names, common names aren't used
I will keep that in mind thanx for info :)

np. i tried google cus i don't know any, but am sure maybe others who have been keeping longer may know... lol u guys got all the dangerous stuff :astonished:
I know right I always wanted a rose hair or red knee tarantula but cant get them in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I'm just wondering what non lethal to people (common name) tarantulas can you get in Australia?
All tarantulas are venomous but none of them lethal to people. You certainly don´t want to get bitten by any OW species, but it won´t kill you.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
Lucky, wish I could get one. stupid Australian law.
that is one you can get there which is why i told you lol. but forgot to say as the guy above said all t's are venomous, some just more so that others

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
All tarantulas are venomous but none of them lethal to people. You certainly don´t want to get bitten by any OW species, but it won´t kill you.
that we know of ;)

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/which-australian-tarantula-do-you-recommend.257292/

i just finished reading your thread you made yesterday, someone suggested 3 species including the one i mentioned. u don't have any new worlds over there, so whatever u get will be very defensive/fast with a bite that will hurt like hell

Mazycat44

Arachnopeon
i just finished reading your thread you made yesterday, someone suggested 3 species including the one i mentioned. u don't have any new worlds over there, so whatever u get will be very defensive/fast with a bite that will hurt like hell
That's weird I own a QLD birdeater who is the best. You can hold her up side down and when I put my hand in the tank she crawls on my hand and just sits there.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
That's weird I own a QLD birdeater who is the best. You can hold her up side down and when I put my hand in the tank she crawls on my hand and just sits there.
plz don't handle any more t's lol...that tarantula has enough venom to kill a dog and leave you hurting for days

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/selenocosmia-crassipes.939/
here's a thread from a guy who got bit by what you have

Mazycat44

Arachnopeon
QLD tarantulas cant kill a human only hurt and make you feel sick (been bitten by one before), also I dont own a dog or cat.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
QLD tarantulas cant kill a human only hurt and make you feel sick (been bitten by one before), also I dont own a dog or cat.
no tarantula can kill a human. i simply used that example as a warning as to how strong their venom is.

Mazycat44

Arachnopeon
no tarantula can kill a human. i simply used that example as a warning as to how strong their venom is.
Yeah since I got bitten (1 year ago) I've been wearing hexamour gloves and they work fantastic (though since I been wearing them no spider has tried to bite me)

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
Yeah since I got bitten (1 year ago) I've been wearing hexamour gloves and they work fantastic (though since I been wearing them no spider has tried to bite me)
i think it could bite through those.. why handle anyway even after u got bit lol?