What makes you the most nervous

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
I found a Zelus luridus nymph last week while looking around a tree, and all I could do was curse and panic when it made it's way out of the deli cup it was in and disappeared. I found it on my hand, but thankfully it didn't think to stab me :anxious:
I've kept the assassin bugs I found in my yard and have been feeding them flies. I'm really glad I'm not a fly...

violetsun5

Arachnopeon
My A Seemanii is literally satan. I hate that spider and working with her. No one else gives me more grief.

hew!

The thing I am constantly nervous about is contamination. I wash my hands and ensure none of my tools that touch/interact with arachnids/inverts touch anything else. I have, thankfully, not had any incidents.
Ugh, I own both horses and Ts. I shower between the barn and my T room because I'm constantly worried about pesticide exposure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ugh, I own both horses and Ts. I shower between the barn and my T room because I'm constantly worried about pesticide exposure.
I don't use any pesticides on my dogs or livestock, but my housemate does... it is nerve-wracking! The other day she was talking about spraying pesticides *in the house* for ants and I freaked out on her. Non-spider people just don't get it ):

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I don't use any pesticides on my dogs or livestock, but my housemate does... it is nerve-wracking! The other day she was talking about spraying pesticides *in the house* for ants and I freaked out on her. Non-spider people just don't get it ):
I can't wait until our next indoor ant invasion. :sarcasm: If things get bad enough, others I live with will want to do a bug bomb.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I can't wait until our next indoor ant invasion. :sarcasm: If things get bad enough, others I live with will want to do a bug bomb.
Ugh, exactly. I have multiple fish tanks, too... NO BUG BOMBS.

violetsun5

Arachnopeon
Bait traps with imidacloprid should be safe for you to use. The stuff can't even kill arachnids so far as studies are aware, it's not even effective against ticks. You may be able to get your roommates to compromise with that for a low-risk option.

I had to have Termidor sprayed in my barn for carpenter bees. That was nerve wracking...different shoes/shower/scrub between there and the T room.