• Tap Dechloronized

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other, describe

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters

Ether Imp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bottled spring/mineral water is my preference. It's clean but isn't stripped of minerals.

Tap water of any kind is potentially nasty.

Rain water would be good.

Distilled water is stripped of all the minerals... Are you folks sure that makes no difference to T's? Because if, as a human, we drink too much distilled water it can actually make us sick. It's only good in small quantities once in a while.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I use bottled Poland spring water.Not the distilled kind either.

the_mask86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i use filtered tap water.

and that's cause to me it seems to leave less spots on the tank.

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use dechloinated tap water. Like said when misting it will leave mineral deposits, but i dont really care to much. RO water or distilled would be best if you didnt want minerals left from the water. Also you can find both or these in a jug for a couple dollars so with just t's, it would last a decent amount of time. I think dechlorinated water works fine, but mineral deposits on the glass is a bit of a turn off but still not that big of a deal

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Also its not hard to get rid or chlorine from water. Clorine (Cl2) is a gas so if left in an open top containor it will go back into its gas form and leave the water. So there is no real reason to need chlorine. There is something thats a chlorine compound called chloramine or something like that that this doesnt work for so it depends what you supply uses.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use filtered tap water for my critters. What the filter takes out, i couldn't tell you- actually, this thread just made me realize that this is a subject i know very little about, but i can't help but feel that straight tap water is questionable.

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL! Brilliant. :)

I use distilled for the reasons already mentioned, no water spots on the glass.

I make my own. Two parts H; one part O.

sorry, I couldn't resist. :eek: Regular ole tap water (I believe it's chlorinated too). I used to use bottled that started after a hurricane and just kept using it. I have since switched to Neuse river water out of the tap. :)

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is something thats a chlorine compound called chloramine or something like that that this doesnt work for so it depends what you supply uses.
Chloramine is widely used for chlorinating water nowadays. And you're right - it doesn't de-gas by simply leaving the water open to the air. There are commercial dechlorinating compounds available, but if you're going to spend all that money and effort to produce safe water, why not buy bottled water in the first place?

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Why isn't recycled urine on the list?
Is it's good enough for astronauts, it's got to be good enough for Ts. :D

Just Hatched

Arachnopeon
In Itzy's water dish I use Flukers Calcium Fortified cricket drink. And I wet his substrate with well water only when he is going into molt. Our ambient humidity stays between 40 and 60%. He stays up on the walls if I mist his tank more than I do.

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Save your money, and your Ts, and don't use that Calcium Fortified garbage.
It's been suggested that too much calcium can cause brittleness in the exoskeleton and fangs of tarantulas.

In Itzy's water dish I use Flukers Calcium Fortified cricket drink. And I wet his substrate with well water only when he is going into molt. Our ambient humidity stays between 40 and 60%. He stays up on the walls if I mist his tank more than I do.

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This, plus T's can't actually get any water from these water gels.