What is your tarantula's name?

PhilMcWonder

Arachnoknight
So I haven't named my B.albopilosum, Pamphobeteus sp. machala, or my Psalmopoeus irminia yet.

But My Avic is named "Cupcake" I referred to her as my "little cupcake" to all my friends who are afraid of spiders and the name stuck.
and my Stirmi is named "Death Confetti" because i have heard they have the worst hairs and it kicked up a storm at me when I first rehoused it.

And this got me curious. What are your tarantula's names and how did they get the name?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Naming your tarantulas triggers a lot of people on this forum. Just so you're prepared for all the torches and pitchforks, despite that they're your animals to name all you want.
I name all mine, but there are just too many to list.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'll just list a few as I have loads but they're all named after characters from Mortal Kombat or Marvel Comics.

A. geniculata - Rogue
B. albopilosum - Kitana (Honduras) & Angel (Nicaragua)
P. irminia - Shadowcat
P. pulcher - Banshee
P. metallica - Mayhem
L. nigerrimum - Aurora (F) & Warpath (M)
C. versicolor - Mileena (F) & Phoenix (M)
C. cyaneopubescens - Mystique
P. ecclesiasticus - Mercury
P. burgessi - Kintaro
B. hamorii - Elektra

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
My little girls have named mine after being told a little info on them
Lasiodora parahybana - pinky pie
Grammostola Pulchripes - chaco
Phormingochilus Everetti - love heart
Psalmopoeus Cambridgei - spidey
I don't use the name but that's how they tell me what one there on about

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Now where did I put my flamethrower?! Where is it?!!!

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
Zebby
Webby
Curly
Vivi
Socks
Pumpkin
Saz
Black Jack
Fruit Salad
Aragog

Points to guess the species for each (some are easy!).

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
Naming your tarantulas triggers a lot of people on this forum. Just so you're prepared for all the torches and pitchforks, despite that they're your animals to name all you want.
I name all mine, but there are just too many to list.
I name mine because the Mrs doesn't remember the proper names, but likes to ask about them all the time.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Zebby
Webby
Curly
Vivi
Socks
Pumpkin
Saz
Black Jack
Fruit Salad
Aragog

Points to guess the species for each (some are easy!).
A. seemani
GBB
B. albopilosum
No clue
Uhhh
Whatever that Pumpkin Patch one was
No idea
G. pulchra
C. versicolor
A wolf spider

Dapink02

Arachnopeon
The only two I named were my firsts; Mr. Foodles the B. albopilosum and Mr. Tickles the Avicularia avicularia

Stara

Arachnopeon
We have just two as we are just beginning. We have Charlie a juvie B. Hamorii (my son named it something he could change in case it’s a girl, then it will be Charlotte) and just last weekend we brought home an A. Metallica that we are calling Orion M.O.P (Master of Puppets).

Georgia B

Arachnosquire
The first two I got were Shelob and Aragog (predictable, I know) but now they get names like Sweetheart, Baby, Honey, etc.

A couple of them have stories. I got one from kijiji who was very badly kept by the teenager of a family: heat lamp, no water, sub was chunks of coconut husk which you couldn’t see anyway because it was blanketed in dead crickets. And the mom said he had to sell it because he wasn’t taking care of it properly because according to her, he didn’t take it out and play with it enough. Uh...anyway I named that one Lucky.

Another I got from kijiji because the owners new girlfriend said one of them had to go, either her or the T. So I named that one Girlfriend.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
You can see my profile for a full list but a few interesting ones:

Wanda and Pietro (adult female and male Lasiodora klugi) - named after the Scarlet Witch (common name for the klugi is Bahia SCARLET birdeater). the mature male is named after the Scarlet Witch's brother
Cersei and Joffrey (adult female and tiny sling of Aphonopelma chalcodes) - Arizona blonde... the characters are well known for their blonde hair...
Bilbo Vagans (Brachypelma vagans) - not the only one who has made that joke
Andie (Lasiodora difficilis) - named after Andy Dufresne from Shawshank Redemption. As a sling it made a quick escape once when I tried feeding it.
Eiffel (Poecilotheria metallica) - named after the band Eiffel 65 (known for the song Blue (da ba dee da ba dai)) and for the Eiffel Tower because I bought on the day Macron won the French presidency
Meghan (Megaphobema robustum) - kinda similar to Megaphobema and I bought her on the day of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding
Monan (Iridopelma zorodes) - named after a volcano on Io which was named after a deity of a tribe native to the same area of Brazil I. zorodes is from
Einhorn (Ceratogyrus marshalli) - self-explanatory
Donny (Brachypelma boehmei) - an angry orange tarantula from Mexico
Dorothy and Toto (male and female Psalmopoeus cambridgei) - it looks like they are wearing little red shoes

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Avicularia avicularia - Pumpkins
Nhandu chromatus - Echo
Bumba cabocla - Cheesecake (just realized this is the second pet I have with cheese in the name)
Brachypelma albopilosum - Rescusi Anne after the CPR mannequins because why not

Marika

Arachnoangel
G. pulchra - Hirmu (means "monster")
H. chilensis - Oikku ("quirk")
A. eutylenum - Tassu ("paw")
A. bicoloratum - Hippu ("nugget" - like a gold nugget, not a chicken nugget, lol)
G. rosea - Hali ("hug")