1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Scheduled Maintenance - Extended Downtime

Please click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your dream myriapod?

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by eggcellent, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Pinchednerve

Pinchednerve Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    good advice thank you

2. l4nsky

l4nsky Arachnoknight

STL
    • Scolopendra paradoxa
    • Scolopendra cataracta
    • Scolopendra gigantea 'Black' from Trinidad
    If I even see one of these in my lifetime, I'll consider myself lucky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cecdog

cecdog Arachnopeon

A handful of these beauties right here...
    a-black-and-white-striped-millipede-or-songololo-with-red-legs-crawling-A79PWP.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hermes

Hermes Arachnosquire

U.S.A.
    I've seen a VERY similar species to that in the Dominican Republic on the outside of a cave. It was about the length of an adult Narceus gordanus, the only difference between the one I found and the photo was that it didn't have the fading orange, just the bold yellow stripes.

5. patrick nimbs

patrick nimbs Arachnosquire Active Member

My dream myriapod is a scolopendra Hardwickei the Indian tiger centipede. It is the ultimate invert I would die for!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Criteria

Criteria Arachnopeon

UK
    Great thread.

All three of these seem impossible to find at the moment, but the blue cloud forest polydesmid is likely the hardest to keep given the elevations it lives at.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 1
  7. VolkswagenBug

VolkswagenBug Arachnobaron Active Member

Utah
    Whoa, an arboreal millipede? That's awesome!

8. ShockwaveBot

ShockwaveBot Arachnopeon

I have a couple of my dream pedes already, Galapagoensis and Mint Legs. My others would be Cataracta, Hardwickei, Heros, black morph Gigantea, Malaysian Jewel and Scolopendra Sulawesi.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 1
  9. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnodemon Active Member

Is that a banana?

10. The Mantis Menagerie

The Mantis Menagerie Arachnoknight Active Member

USA
    I got a macro video of my Chinese mantis eating a whole chunk of golden kiwi the other day, so I guess some carnivores just have a sweet tooth.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Arthroverts

Arthroverts Arachnodemon Active Member

Currently Hunting for; Spirostreptus sp. "8" female. I've got 1 male, and I really want to get some babies, as this is a rare species. Really any exotic millipede species is on my wishlist. Pill millipedes, round millipedes, platydesmids, polydesmids, etc.

Currently out of my budget range; All of the above ;). Also, Ethmostigmus sp. "Thailand".

Absolutely Impossible to keep; Giant Pill Millipedes with our current understanding of their care.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

12. hecklad

hecklad Arachnosquire Active Member

Not really hunting for anything atm. For outside of my budget hardwickei, and for impossible (for now) cataracta for sure. I absolutely love hardwickei's colors, and a cataracta would be really fun to have (I think) but it's too bad it will probably be a long time before they're even available, and even when they are they'll be expensive as hell

13. ShockwaveBot

ShockwaveBot Arachnopeon

It is indeed, Scolopendra Galapagoensis is omnivorous. It also eats cheese and drinks milk.

14. Montgg

Montgg Arachnosquire

lol
    Just curious what is the reason for wanting Scolopendra Cataracta? is it just because they are known the be semi aquatic?

15. hecklad

hecklad Arachnosquire Active Member

Yeah pretty much

16. patrick nimbs

patrick nimbs Arachnosquire Active Member

Sorry to contradict you Staehilomyces but I think minibeast wildlife’s products are a total “ripoff”. I was going to buy a rubripes tiger form before I came across a tiger form rubripes (at last) in late 2017 and I could not believe how much they were charging for it!! $45.00!! Lucky I found one (named Bob, as most people who know me know it’s name) before I hit the submit credit card bank details in order to purchase as you probably already know, but yeah. That is my opinion and my 2 cents worth.

17. mon desespoir

mon desespoir Arachnopeon

It's a Scolopendra Paradoxa from Luzon. There is a debate about the taxonomy and it might just be spinosissima.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. mon desespoir

mon desespoir Arachnopeon

"Philippine Queen" are scolopendra paradoxa, likely a subspecies of spinosissima