WHAT IS THIS!? help ASAP

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well just a min ago i took my asian forest out of the tank because i needed to redo everything because the tank had mites and some unknown tiny worm, like a nematoad. Anyway i just noticed something attached to its underside,,,it looks like a huge worm or larva! please help asap what do i do!?

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is it supposta look worm like? it just came off on its own heres more pics

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does look like it is an early nymph birth or something of the sort. Could have been some sort of parasite though.

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks a lot like an underveloped scorpion, take a closer pic if ya can...REALLY ZOOM IN!

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well is either one of three things...

1. Underdeveloped Nymph
2. Parasitic Worm or Larva
3. Scorpion Fecal Matter

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I thought it could have been scorpion crap...now, I'm beggining to think it could be undigested scorpion crap?...like an undigested cricket?..doubt its even possible...damn thats weird though....

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It looks incredibly larva like... Like it has a sort of body structure like an underveloped scorpion... We may need a real expert on this one, this is rather interesting.:wall:

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that aint poop I'll tell you that much.it look to me as a undeveloped embryo

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I doubt thats an undeveloped embryo. It doesnt have a tail yet and if its that undeveloped I would think it would have no legs also. IMO the posistion of the legs doesnt look right either.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it does look like an embryo IMO, jungle guts can you use a small tool, like a pin or something and tease thedirt off it and see if you can make out legs/claws/maybe a small tail

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
the fact that she has her legs in a basket like shape in the first pic pretty much confirms birthing, and it seems to be coming out of the genital operculm, beyond that..

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But dont you think it would have a metasoma if it has all the legs?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
bad foetus maybe? could be why it was aborted, also when scorplings do crawly out their tails are quite small to begin with and looking at the "mother" she dioesnt look very far along if she is gravid. Just out of interest, when does the tail form on the foetus in relation to other parts eg legs

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just looked back at the pics and just like Gigus said she doesnt look like shes been gravid for very long or that she was even gravid at all.