What is the scariest spider you currently own and why?

Believe it or not my rosie. I got her as a rescue from a pet store that couldn't care for her properly. I was told that she was raised there from a sling but I suspect she was probably wild caught (her first week home she made an egg sac but it was a dud, thankfully, as I wasn't ready to care for slings). But BOY does she have a temper. If you even open her tank she'll go into a threat pose. She doesn't even fling hairs, just goes right in for the bite if your hand gets too close. It's hell to change her water dish and clean up her tank. I lover her anyway, of course. She's just a bit cranky.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
K. brunnipes. I don't like playing the "where's the speck" game.

The only other one that makes me a tad nervous is my N. tripepii. It's very skittish. Compared to my P. pulcher and T. gigas, it's the road runner.
Yep I am also playing the where's the speck game with my K brunnipes. Have dropped dead prey right on the poor thing's head 3 times. I have actually named mine Speck.

Bugsrcool

Arachnopeon
I had a dark oak fishing spider Dolomedes tenebrosus before i would hold but she was so damn fast and liked to dart into my sleeve my mother was not thrilled.
But they do make good first true spiders.

Chuckmater

Arachnopeon
My 4" Nhandu Tripepii seems to want to bolt every time I open the enclosure!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My B. hamorii (the "B" stands for "Bloodthirster")

Bloodthirster hamorii.JPG

JK, I actually find her temper pretty amusing.

Anything that moves unnaturally fast makes me feel a little uneasy though (yet, for some reason, I have loads of Psalmos, a couple of Pokies and a H. mac lol).

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I hate it when my huntsmans bolt all over the place though I wouldn't call it scary, but my King cricket is absolutely psychotic. Little mongrel gave me a really bad bite on the finger, it's the only animal I have that will actually attack me from a distance unprovoked
I had a Google on that king cricket...man those beasts have mandibles :eek:

The spider currently upping my bloodpressure is my C.sanderi. It has a DLS of about a cm, but it chases me around its cup like it's an adult. A very speedy adult at that. I'm afraid it will get its legs stuck in the lid at one point. Once it starts running it doesn't stop :bored:

Doc Ebola

Arachnosquire
According to my niece, every single thing in my collection is absolutely terrifying. Even the hoppers. :anxious:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
None of mine are that scary, but my Hapalopus sp Colombia large juvenile is a creep. He is usually buried, he makes a mess, he kills crickets and then leaves them for later. Sometimes he doesn't even use his hide, he just buries himself in the dirt like a zombie. His enclosure is usually trashed no matter how much I clean it up for him. He is basically my slovenly, ungrateful teenager. :happy: Don't worry, I know he's just a tarantula doing tarantula things and I do get a kick out of him.

I am pretty cautious when I do anything in that enclosure because if he wants to race around he is so darn FAST.

I do anticipate that my other oft buried youngster, a Phormictopus auratus will be a grump when he is older because I have read that they will defend over hiding in most instances.

Doc Ebola

Arachnosquire
My niece is adorable, shes too young to meet my collection yet but she keeps nagging me and saying she wants to steal them all LMAO
Haha. I've got a 5 year old nephew who loves all of it. He even bravely handled one of my big mantids. He's totally hooked on it all and got loads of books on spiders and such. I bought him a couple of stick insects and 6 months later they're still alive. They even survived show and tell. The niece is 17 btw - lol.

Daesu

Arachnopeon
Just got a Tapinauchenius Gigas sling. Doesn't look like much at the momont but heard that it could be a handful.
Also the one i'm keeping an eye on is my Psalmopoeus cambridgei.

athlete96

Arachnosquire
Yep I am also playing the where's the speck game with my K brunnipes. Have dropped dead prey right on the poor thing's head 3 times. I have actually named mine Speck.
I just refer to it as dirt. I wish I was kidding. I do think my dirt is in premoult though, and I hope it magically increases to a size where I can take it out of the vial and into a deli cup.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I have a Tapinauchenius g and a Tapinauchenius v. ,,teleporting is an understatement. My ow's don' bother me they are pretty mellow.
My B. hamorii gave me a good jump when she flipped her water dish at me as I was filling it.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Don't have a scary T right now (OBT hooked out a couple years ago) so, just a couple of semi-fasties right now; but they tend to burrow down rather than escaping up and out.

I would have to say I am most cautious right now with G pulchripes. A complete sweetheart, but quite active, loves to climb, never in same place for long ... and my most likely T to decide to have a walkabout when the lid is off. He's gotten so huge (was just a 1/4 inch tiny sling when I acquired him -- he spent his first months in a tiny condiment cup!!!!) But these days, his five gallon faunarium may need upgrading soon! He can stand up and reach the top of enclosure. It's like he's waiting for a chance to bolt! And he's just the sort of T who would think that was a fine adventure. lol
I have gotten where I open lid door on top to drop in feeders and then remove lid to attempt his water bowl while he chows down. Unfortunately, he's gotten where he will drop his prey and charge for the water bowl --- I sometimes just end up syringing the water in through top slats.
Can't seriously be afraid of him; perhaps afraid 'for' him -- he has no sense of danger -- and he has charmed me so much being so silly and agreeable. :)

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
My B. hamorii (the "B" stands for "Bloodthirster")

View attachment 265316

JK, I actually find her temper pretty amusing.

Anything that moves unnaturally fast makes me feel a little uneasy though (yet, for some reason, I have loads of Psalmos, a couple of Pokies and a H. mac lol).
I asked you this before, but it’s been a few months so it could’ve happened by now. Has she stridulated before?