What is the most saught after tarantula ?

zac1007

Arachnopeon
Ive checked through some of the pics on this site -some amazing taratulas you guys have in your collections , but what is the most saught after tarantula out there?

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
P. metallica had its reign,

For me it's M. balfouri and E. olivacea

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Agree with Nerri, although I wouldn't turn down a metallica if I was given one!
I really want a female Lampropelma sp. "Borneo Black" and a Pamphobeteus antinous girl!:cool:

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
No doubt, P.metallica. Not necessary my most sought after T.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Agree with Nerri, although I wouldn't turn down a metallica if I was given one!
I really want a female Lampropelma sp. "Borneo Black" and a Pamphobeteus antinous girl!:cool:
I've wanted a P. antinous for a while now, too. I'm finally getting one at the show on the 22nd, it's already put aside for me. Fingers crossed that it's a girl!

I'd have to agree with P. metallica. Since we've got one, however, I'm going to have to agree with Nerri and say M. balfouri and E. olivacea. Those are two we don't have but really want...really badly. We do have balfouris in Canada right now, unfortunately they're $400 and since it took me a lot of time to justify spending $150 on our P. metallica, I think the balfouri is going to have to wait a bit.

Cass

robertcarst

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hands down it has to be Stromatopelma satanas. But unfortunately no one has seen them since their description so they won't be around any time soon.

hypnolobster

Arachnopeon
People have P. Metallica in the US. It's uncommon, but it's not impossible to find. I'm fairly sure that most t enthusiasts would consider spending a LOT of money on some of the more rare Australian T's. Particularly the recently discovered t with the weird (awesome) stridulation.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I agree with E. olivacea, atleast for me! lol

Though I do hear of a lot of people wanting P. metallica

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
definately M. balfouri and E. olivacea and something "orange-fringed" I can't remember. :wall: :wall: :wall: these are my most sought after :D

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
definately M. balfouri and E. olivacea and something "orange-fringed" I can't remember. :wall: :wall: :wall: these are my most sought after :D
I think it's Ornithoctoninae sp. Orange Fringed

zac1007

Arachnopeon
P. metallica had its reign,

For me it's M. balfouri and E. olivacea
I googled pics on the 2 you mentioned - AWESOME !although I think the Metallica is hotter than the Olivacea ........the balfouri looks like its wearing stockings , any way thanks for your feedback ...you the man

zac1007

Arachnopeon
I googled pics on the 2 you mentioned - AWESOME !although I think the Metallica is hotter than the Olivacea ........the balfouri looks like its wearing stockings , any way thanks for your feedback ...you the man
Oh yes ......what about the costa rican tiger rump?

zac1007

Arachnopeon
and wht do you think of the costa rican tiger rump?

zac1007

Arachnopeon
No doubt, P.metallica. Not necessary my most sought after T.
mmmm interesting , so you say the p.metallica is the most sought after but not yours ......so what is yours ? what do you think of the costa rican tiger rump?

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tiger rumps are very common and cheap, oh and lets call them C. faciatum

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and wht do you think of the costa rican tiger rump?
I agree with Joshuai, the costa rican tiger rump (or C. fasciatum) though an attractive T, it's unbelivably common and certainly not the most sought after.

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
aside from what has already been mentioned, Tapinauchenius violaceus(relatively available, it's just that it's one of the most stunning arboreals IMO) and Metriopelma zebratum isn't ugly too! Cyriocosmus ritae also....heck I'm stopping now there's so many to name lol

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What's up with the tiger rump obsession?

My most wanted list:
E olivacea
L nigerrinum
P ultramurinus