What is the meanest spider you've owned?

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
What is the meanest spider you've owned? Include it's name, and a pic if you have one! :)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey!

The meanest spider i have owned is a:

Psalmopeous cambridgie (Trinidad Chevron) 2"
If you want to see pics go to: HERE!

James

P.S- if the link doesnt work, just go to the search box and type:
Trinidad Chevron *PICS*

T

Tarantula

My meanest has been a Haplopelma Minax. I have had T blondis, Usumbaras and many other meanies that could never match up to this one evil H minax I had.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have two C. Paganus that would not hesitate to try and bite me if provoked in any way. They rear up when I no more than drop crickets in their houses, and have taken to hissing when I take the remains out.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I would have to say my P murinus (Usambara).
However, she had an excuse for being this mad, I took her eggsac away from her!

Last edited:

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
What a great pic! Mine only half reared up when I moved her.

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i can honestly say none of my t's are truly mean, but if i had to pick the one quickest to defend itself, id say my H. lividum. she has the most impressive threat posture ive ever seen. she throws those legs up close together, then pulls them apart slowly, very martial arts-esque. my t blondi kicks hairs readily if i get to close. my usumbaras arent grown yet so we shall see..;P

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
My rosie, Audra. Meanest damn rosie I've ever heard of..I'll snap pics later..If I touch her copious webbing, maybe I'll get her threat display.
Peace,
Gillian

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd say its between my H. gigas, H.lividum, or B. smithi. The smithi kicks up a massive cloud whenever I get near it. I mean a real hair storm. :eek:

Ernie

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Never had a mean one, but my smithi gets pissy once in a while. She wasn't too happy today because I had to remove her from her home and clean it out (see post "CRAP!" for details).

N.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My A. geniculata is far more fierce than my P. murinus and C. crawshayi, and most of the time he is out right beligerent(sp?)

Redknees

Arachnopeon
I don't have a meanest yet

every T I get are put into containers that do not crap them but that arent so big they cannot find there food I have a B.smithi she is adorable I have a Trinny Granted she is in a big roomy tank but she never fusses when I am even close to he My B. boehmei like tokicks hair a lot but the longer I am en her enviroment the more she is tolerating me I think she might need a bigger house, she likes to crawl around outside her cage alot. In general I dont have that so called mean , not yet anyway Bill