What is the deal with Pampho's and Phormic's

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Whoa. We gotta work on that enclosure a bit buddy. You need to add some substrate! No more than 1.5 times the legspan from the lid to the top of the sub. Coco fiber or topsoil are fine. you should add a water dish as well.

And a hide, and......... :troll:
Oh don't sweat it, this was from a rehousing session

In terms of husbandry she's... rock solid hehe

boina

Lady of the mites
Oh man, now I want another Phormic. I'm done with Pamphos, though - @antinous , you can say whatever you want, but I especially got a P. insignis because people said the females would retain some color and what did I get? A brown spider... :meh:. And the petersi: brown. And the vespertinus: brown. And the nigricolor: brown... Nope, that's it for me. (Ok, the antinous is black instead of brown....)

@Luka98 - if you want size take the atrichomatus, as far as I know they are the biggest Phormic species. Auratus is definitely smaller and takes ages to grow.

I think I may go looking for a Phormic sp. 'full green' now... next expo is in 3 weeks :bag:.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Xenesthis beats them both! But I cant pick sides......
P. sp Machala juvie female (browned out as adult)
2016-07-26 16.57.12.jpg

P. atrichomatus
2018-02-09 09.20.10.jpg

X. intermedia (metallic hot pink on a T!! definite win)
2018-05-25 19.40.28.jpg

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Oh man, now I want another Phormic. I'm done with Pamphos, though - @antinous , you can say whatever you want, but I especially got a P. insignis because people said the females would retain some color and what did I get? A brown spider... :meh:.
If that was the case, you have received P. sp. insignis, instead of the real deal.

Ps. If you want a female ‘full green’ i have one with your name on it :)

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I'd have to disagree, I still give the edge to Phormics, but Pamphos grow faster than Phormics (out of the 12 or so species of Pamphos I've kept and the 6-7 species of Phormics I've kept) and Phormics tend to slow down once they hit 4-5". Phormics are hardier and cheaper so I give the edge as them. They have a large range of colors, just like Pamphos, and they usually have a more defensive attitude (which is a plus for me) but the feeding response for both are equal.
Also I was born in the DR so I have somewhat of a bias towards Phormictopus. That being said them and Pamphobeteus are excellent species.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Also I was born in the DR so I have somewhat of a bias towards Phormictopus. That being said them and Pamphobeteus are excellent species.
I’ll have to keep in contact with you, I’m heading to the DR sometime in the future and I’d love to get some info on where to go and what to do

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I’ll have to keep in contact with you, I’m heading to the DR sometime in the future and I’d love to get some info on where to go and what to do
Unfortunately I was only born there, came to the states as baby 41 years ago and never returned. Sorry I can’t help you, good luck in your quest to find some Ts.