What is the biggest T collection that you own/have seen?

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
65 ish. 6 are A. Avic. Most I buy in pairs so I only have like 30 or so species.

I’ve actually never seen another persons collection except for a dealer which I kinda don’t count bc he has a ton to sell.
He had a 10+” pokie which was really cool.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Are you still to be considered a hobbyist when a collection reaches over 100? I’m thinking if it reaches that point you are a breeder and/or pusher...Oh! Sorry, dealer.
Or just someone who likes a lot of different species?

Moebius

Arachnopeon
Over a hundred with more incoming. No doubt if there was no interest with propagation it would be smaller (much less multiples), but it's been an interesting highlight and thus it's getting relatively big.

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Currently at 23 Ts and 1 Scorp. Most I ever had at one time was close to 50. I’ve found the best piece and harmony at around 30. Not too much to handle, yet enough to have a beautiful variety to admire.

Biggest private collection I’ve ever seen was very small... maybe 5ish.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I have 3 and that's the biggest I have seen lol. I mean, unless you count the reptile shop. I think they have about 12.

No really, I would loooove to make friends with someone that has a huge collection. I would just love to see them in person instead of on YouTube.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I have 3 and that's the biggest I have seen lol. I mean, unless you count the reptile shop. I think they have about 12.

No really, I would loooove to make friends with someone that has a huge collection. I would just love to see them in person instead of on YouTube.
I would be happy to show my collection to someone who could appreciate it, but no one on here seems to be in my area. But if any of you come through north east Ohio lmk.

MasterOogway

Arachnoknight
Back in the day, I visited Botar By Eights's place; he had 20,000+ T's in his house. It was one of the most incredible and memorable experiences in my life, lol.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I would be happy to show my collection to someone who could appreciate it, but no one on here seems to be in my area. But if any of you come through north east Ohio lmk.
I'm not in the area, but we do travel a lot so I will definitely make this happen if we are coming through.

Back in the day, I visited Botar By Eights's place; he had 20,000+ T's in his house. It was one of the most incredible and memorable experiences in my life, lol.
Oh my that is amazing. I cant even imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOogway

Arachnoknight
Oh my that is amazing. I cant even imagine.
Hah, it was fun. I still remember the Lampropelma violaceopes he had, thing was massive. And just erupted out of the bin he had it in like some prehistoric terror. One of my lasting memories of things that hooked me on T's.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Ha! I drove through your neck of the woods on Saturday on my way to Michigan!

Minty

@londontarantulas
I have 48, at the moment. Biggest collection I’ve seen wasn’t in person. It was the YouTube tour of spidersworld EU. They have thousands.

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
As of yesterday I am at 16 T's. I sold 13 yesterday and a few more before that. My collection was at 80+ but i found that it becomes work at that mark.

I am now on a quest to limit myself to 30 species that are either rare or something I have never seen or owned before. My pokies of course will never be sold.

Biggest collection I have seen in person was 215 T's that a person had in his garage (T room).

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
My own collection is at 13 now and I intend to let it stay that way for quite some time, baring perhaps 1 or 2 specimen if I see some T I really want a lot.

The biggest collection I have seen in person is a specialized Tarantula-shop in Germany. They have at least several dozen Ts, not counting the slings.