What Is My T Doing? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alright, I think I've said something along these lines before, but I'll say it again anyway. :D

I'm not usually intending to be rude. I don't sugar-coat things. I'm blunt, and to the point.

Generally speaking, it's difficult for me to express myself in a way that people understand how I mean to say things. Because I'm blunt and to the point, people assume I'm being arrogant/mean/rude/hostile/insert your own word here. It's not their fault, it's probably mine. I've tried using smileys, but then people comment about that, so I figured I'd forget the smileys and just continue to be myself. I've been on this forum just over two years. From that standpoint, I am hardly a veteran. Post count does have an impression on people, but that's not necessarily an indication of how much someone knows. It's an indication of how much people like to post, though. ;) I do have 9 years' experience with tarantulas, and within my first month in this hobby, my collection was in double-digits and I had already produced a sac. Again, I'm no veteran, but I do have a good amount of experience.

I've been on this board for barely over two years, and I've received 3 warnings total. One was for an invalid bump in a FS ad I posted because I found what I was looking for, so I posted to say I found them (instead of editing my original post, which I hadn't thought of doing) and got a warning from it. One was for a post calling out a dealer on jacking up his prices way too high, and the last one was for an argument with someone who needed to be shut up.

I am yet to be suspended (knock on wood).

I will say though, my first post in this thread was most definitely meant the way it sounded.

And Liz, I'm not offended, thank you for clarifying. :)

</rant>

--Joe

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Now that we've heard from Joe, do you suppose that we can put this to rest? We're a long way from the OP, and at this point are doing little more than thinly veiled name calling etc. We're adults (most of us) and should be able to recognize when a thread is no longer serving a purpose. I don't suppose we could re-direct some of this energy into more worthwhile threads, perhaps even into helping some of the other 'noobs' on here that haven't been chased off/left prematurely. We can all take something from this thread, but we needn't keep it going either.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joe,don't change otherwise I will go back to the other side mate :D
Love you the way you are....always know the truth as far as you are concerned so no apologies necessary......
Just carry on mate because if I am in a pickle,I always know I can PM you for an answer.
Don't change mate.......even though the pot was not calling the kettle black ;P
Paul
ps.....lots of posts just means no social life.....lmao

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not usually intending to be rude. I don't sugar-coat things. I'm blunt, and to the point.
i understand this completely and do not fault you for it. My husband, Mr. Gone has encountered the same thing. He is highly analytical, blunt and thorough, which seems to come across to other people as rude. He is not a rude person and never intends to be rude, but that is how the majority of his posts have been taken. This has led him to post less and less, because the niceness police seems to jumps on him whenever he does.

Everyone will have different posting styles and you simply can't take offense to that on an internet forum. :wall: After all, it is the internet, not your real life and you cannot always treat the users on a forum the same as you would treat people in your real life. That's just not how forums work.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Now that we've heard from Joe, do you suppose that we can put this to rest? We're a long way from the OP, and at this point are doing little more than thinly veiled name calling etc. We're adults (most of us) and should be able to recognize when a thread is no longer serving a purpose. I don't suppose we could re-direct some of this energy into more worthwhile threads, perhaps even into helping some of the other 'noobs' on here that haven't been chased off/left prematurely. We can all take something from this thread, but we needn't keep it going either.
+1

And ditto to you, spit. No worries.

I was never worried about you, curiousme. I know you understand me. :}

Now I see Jason viewing this thread. Tell us what you think, Jason!

arborealTs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alright, I think I've said something along these lines before, but I'll say it again anyway. :D

Generally speaking, it's difficult for me to express myself in a way that people understand how I mean to say things. Because I'm blunt and to the point, people assume I'm being arrogant/mean/rude/hostile/insert your own word here. It's not their fault, it's probably mine. I've tried using smileys, but then people comment about that, so I figured I'd forget the smileys and just continue to be myself. I've been on this forum just over two years. From that standpoint, I am hardly a veteran. Post count does have an impression on people, but that's not necessarily an indication of how much someone knows. It's an indication of how much people like to post, though. ;) I do have 9 years' experience with tarantulas, and within my first month in this hobby, my collection was in double-digits and I had already produced a sac. Again, I'm no veteran, but I do have a good amount of experience.

I've been on this board for barely over two years, and I've received 3 warnings total. One was for an invalid bump in a FS ad I posted because I found what I was looking for, so I posted to say I found them (instead of editing my original post, which I hadn't thought of doing) and got a warning from it. One was for a post calling out a dealer on jacking up his prices way too high, and the last one was for an argument with someone who needed to be shut up.

I am yet to be suspended (knock on wood).

I will say though, my first post in this thread was most definitely meant the way it sounded.

And Liz, I'm not offended, thank you for clarifying. :)

</rant>

--Joe

yeah no problem... i have alot of respect for people who will just effin say what everyone is thinking..... thats yooouuu:D

and my calling you a veteran was definitely based on the fact that you give people/help them locate the information they are looking for nine times out of ten, regardless of if they like how you said it. That my friend... counts as experience...

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was never worried about you, curiousme. I know you understand me. :}
That is a fairly new development though. Once i made the connection between your posting style and my hubby's, I saw your posts in an entirely different light.(not that your styles are exactly the same, because they are not) Plus, exchanging words with you outside of a thread, just solidified that new way of looking at your posts.

You are correct though, i do understand(now).:)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im an honest person. I have always been. I hate lies,I hate fake people,I hate fake smiles and backstubbing at the same time.
Things that need to be said, I tell them as it is. I like to adress problems up front face to face. I hate stupidity, so I hate to sound stupid.
I wouldnt hurt a fly, but I wont let anybody walk all over me. Im a right to the point person.

Yet I dont need to be rude,arrogant and an arse to make my point across and to adress somebody.

Theres a saying in Spain thats says " Lo cortes no quita lo valiente " .People confuses courtesy with cowardlyness.

Last edited:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yet I dont need to be rude,arrogant and an arse to make my point across and to adress somebody.
And just because you don't feel you're being rude, doesn't mean you don't come across that way to others.

It's all about how you are perceived, and on the internet, all people have to go by is how you put words together.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Blah blah blah WOW my head hurts. :wall:

We're definitely done here. :rolleyes:

Debby

Status
Not open for further replies.