What Is My T Doing? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCTAVIA

Arachnopeon
Briefly....she just started this weird activity two days ago. She digging deep holes, carrying the dirt in her mouth, and moving it for hours. Yesterday she started spinning this web over and over and over until it was thick and white. I also noticed as the night went on, her rear end seemed to have gotten smaller. This morning she'd gathered it all up in a two separate balls of cotton. Now she's doing it again. Is this molting? Is she bored? Maybe she's trying to tell me something? I wanted to insert some pics but I don't know how; they only show the beginning stages. By last night it (the web) was thicker and very white. Now it's gone and she's doing it all over again. Help! Is there a "Tarantulas for Dummies"?:? :wall:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It sounds like she's making an eggsac. What species is this? Can you post some pictures?

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
definitely sounds like she making egg sack .... if u get something that looks like a small golfball or ping-pong ball .... thats an egg sack ... congrats

OCTAVIA

Arachnopeon
It sounds like she's making an eggsac. What species is this? Can you post some pictures?
But how can this be? She's young and a virgin. She a Rosea, the redish one. I don't know how to post pics but I do have some. She's starting to scare me. Her butt is shrinking. Should I touch or feed her? Should I remove the cotton balls, which, BTW, are covered in dirt. She's also holding on to one of the balls right now, like she's riding it. How do I post pics?

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If her abdomen is shrinking it DEFINATELY sounds like she's laying an eggcase. If you got her from a petstore than she's probably wild caught so it's very possible she mated before being brought into captivity and thus likely the eggs are fertile.

OCTAVIA

Arachnopeon
Rob just posted a video about his GBB making an egg sac.
I posted the link here:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=164448

Maybe this is what she is doing :)
I WATCHED THE VIDEO. IT'S THE SAME THING MINE IS DOING. IT WAS LIKING WATCHING MINE ALL OVER AGAIN. I'M GASPING...IN SHOCK.....A BIT SCARED. I'M A NEWBIE AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW SHE GOT PREGNANT. HOW MANY EGGS ARE IN ONE BALL? HOW MANY BALLS WILL SHE ROLL? THE VIDEO HELPED ME A LOT AS TO KNOWING WHAT'S HAPPENING BUT I'M STILL IN DENIAL A TAD BIT. WHEN WILL THEY HATCH? WHAT DO I NEED TO DO, OR NOT DO AT THIS POINT? H-E-L-P!!

OCTAVIA

Arachnopeon
If her abdomen is shrinking it DEFINATELY sounds like she's laying an eggcase. If you got her from a petstore than she's probably wild caught so it's very possible she mated before being brought into captivity and thus likely the eggs are fertile.
OMG!!! YOU MUST BE RIGHT!! I JUST GOT HER 8-29 FROM A REPTILE ZOO IN ORANGE COUNTY AND THERE WERE LOTS OF THEM SO MAYBE THEY'D JUST COME IN, AND LIKE YOU SAID, MAYBE SHE "GOT LAID" IN THE WOODS...LOL!! BUT THEY SAID SHE'S A JUVENILE AND ONLY ADULTS HAVE THE BABIES.
EVERYONES RESPONSES ARE REALLY REALLY HELPING ME A LOT HERE.....THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, BECAUSE RIGHT NOW I'M A LOST CASE!

aracnophiliac

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Relax...I dont belive she will lay more then one Egg sack at a time...I have personally never seen it..But She will keep them and hatch if you keep her in the right temps or you can just take them out and Incubate them yourself..If she hatches too amny for oyu to look after im sure there are some poeple n here willing to take them for you.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I WATCHED THE VIDEO. IT'S THE SAME THING MINE IS DOING. IT WAS LIKING WATCHING MINE ALL OVER AGAIN. I'M GASPING...IN SHOCK.....A BIT SCARED. I'M A NEWBIE AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW SHE GOT PREGNANT. HOW MANY EGGS ARE IN ONE BALL? HOW MANY BALLS WILL SHE ROLL? THE VIDEO HELPED ME A LOT AS TO KNOWING WHAT'S HAPPENING BUT I'M STILL IN DENIAL A TAD BIT. WHEN WILL THEY HATCH? WHAT DO I NEED TO DO, OR NOT DO AT THIS POINT? H-E-L-P!!
as I've said, if you got her from a petstore she was likely wild caught anf pregnant when they brought her into captivity. She should only lay one sac which can contain 100-200 eggs (??? not sure for rosies). If you go through Robc's youtube channel he has a lot of tutorials on incubation, and general info on this. Also if you do a search around the forum that might help too. :)

Look on the bright side, you paid for one T and got several more. ;) Plus now you know 100% that she's female. :D

Btw, I know you're probably really panicking, but no need to do all the caps. ;) we can read it fine with out them, and it tends to be a bit hard on the eyes.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

THE REDDISH ONE. ALL I KNOW IS GRAMASTOLA RED ROSEA, IF THAT MEANS ANYTHING.
Could you please take the caps lock off, hun? :)

Have you considered the option of having an experienced breeder look after her until this whole process is complete? I only say this because, even as an experienced keeper, I would not personally want to deal with an eggsac and all of the resulting babies. I could not imagine if my very first tarantula surprised me with a situation like this!

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how's it going octavio? There is no need to panic. I just newb too started in march. I have a female G.rosea] (rose hair) possibly a BCF and she is gravid. IMHO you are lucky, when the eggs hatch you can sell them and with so many you can make some decent change maybe bout a couple hundred. no need to panic and check out a good tarantula guide book i got the tarantulas and other arachnids which is a good book to check out.

just do some research and there is no need panic .
welcome to the Tarantula hobby you just dove in head
first.

OCTAVIA

Arachnopeon
as I've said, if you got her from a petstore she was likely wild caught anf pregnant when they brought her into captivity. She should only lay one sac which can contain 100-200 eggs (??? not sure for rosies). If you go through Robc's youtube channel he has a lot of tutorials on incubation, and general info on this. Also if you do a search around the forum that might help too. :)

Look on the bright side, you paid for one T and got several more. ;) Plus now you know 100% that she's female. :D

Btw, I know you're probably really panicking, but no need to do all the caps. ;) we can read it fine with out them, and it tends to be a bit hard on the eyes.
SIGH!! THANKS.....BUT....UH, THE SPIDER.....NOT THE FONT IS MY ISSUE. SORRY FOR YOUR EYE ISSUE BUT RIGHT NOW MY CONCERN IS MY T, HER ISSUES, AND THIS SITUATION. I'M NOT IN TYPING CLASS OR TRYING TO IMPRESS ANYONE WITH MY ABILITY TO SWITCH FONTS BACK & FORTH BETWEEN CAPS AND LOWER CASE. LETTERS ARE LETTERS AND AS LONG AS YOU CAN READ WHAT I'M SAYING OR ASKING IS MY ONLY CONCERN RIGHT NOW.....NOT READERS' EYE PROBLEMS. SORRY. IT'S THE INTERNET WORLD....YOU CAN'T CONTROL IT OR HOW IT COMES ACROSS. I APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE, NONE THE LESS. :wall:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Seriously. Take the caps lock off. It's the push of one button.

The spider is your issue, the caps lock is our issue.

Your ignorance is my issue as well.

Enjoy your night. There's my 'nice guy' post for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.