i just did the count. 135. still more than you ;P

that's after about 10 deaths in the last few months. :(

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i just did the count. 135. still more than you ;P

that's after about 10 deaths in the last few months. :(
Yeah, I know.

I'd have that many if the spiders I ordered actually existed...
...long story.

I'd have 19 more, so you'd still have more than me.

But...I have a few projects going so that'll bump me up pretty quickly, if that even counts. :}

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i hope and pray that my MM e. murinus did a "good job" and will reward me with 1/2 a sac later this year.

he got eaten by his GF while he was away :(

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So sorry, Kitty. Have no inkling on what is going on. All the best to your E mirinus and the rest.

Steveyruss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That sucks, I have a Smithi spiderling which just died for no reason.

Maybe you are just having really terrible luck.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, too strange of a coincidence. SOMETHING is getting to the tarantulas. I hope you do find the culprit.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wanna see a pic of your spider room :D

I'll get one after it's all cleaned out. Right now it's full of boxes and crap from rearranging the house. Once it's clear, I'll get some pictures up. It's nothing compared to ChrisNCT's room though!

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
both my girls who had longer, drawn out deaths did fail around when disturbed to any extent. unlike that tarantula, they didn't tend to move unless a breeze or vibration occurred. but they did spaz out and moved in an illogical manner.

i supposed it could be called DS because it's just symptoms, and not a direct indication of the cause. looking back, i wish i had tried to hand-feed/water the girls, but i was honestly afraid of doing more harm than good.

my larger t. blondi male who just molted (not the one who died) had similar symptoms, but thankfully he was near a molt and able to pull through on his own. hopefully he won't relapse.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the larger t. blondi male ("monster") relapsed soon after his molt. he would display a frantic, spastic throwing of the legs into the air whenever disturbed. i had to get him a smaller water dish because he would crawl into the big dish and pretty much lay down in it (and i was worried about him submerging his abdomen).

last night i found him dead in his hide pot.

the only thing consoling me is that i knew he had not been well for a while. i can only hope that no one else develops the same symptoms. we haven't had any "new cases" since my husband stopped using febreeze in the living room.

:( :( :(

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you live in an Apt.?... It's possible that someone living around you or even next door is spraying some sort of insecticide and it's getting carried through the ventilation into your T room. Sounds far fetched but stranger things have happened...

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hmmm, not good. Must be very discouraging. The T that I have that is displaying DS symptoms is still alive and believe it or not eating. No other symptoms in the rest of my collection. I have to believe this is something different. Wish I could help.
Keith

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
:( (we live in a 1 bedroom apartment, so it's a confined space.)
Apartment building will spray for spiders with out notifying residents. I know this... I used to be an apartment manager.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Do you live in an Apt.?... It's possible that someone living around you or even next door is spraying some sort of insecticide and it's getting carried through the ventilation into your T room. Sounds far fetched but stranger things have happened...
it is not far fetched, it happens all the time. In my area they spray for Hobo Spiders.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now I'm getting a little worried, I sprayed some personal body spray stuff (like from Bath and Body) the other night around my b.boehmei's tank, not even thinking about it affecting her....I think I need to start watching for any funky stuff. :(
I hope Febreeze is all it was; I can't imagine losing that many t's in such a short amount of time, especially in the way you're losing them. :(

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm so sorry Kitty b. How hard not to know. I too wish I had some brainstorm and could tell you what it is.