What has this hobby brought you?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Other than a empty bank account

For me, it brings back memories of traveling and seeing some of these species in the wild. It’s like a ‘living memory’ as I don’t have the photos with me anymore. Tarantulas also ‘soothe’ many stresses of everyday life for me. I enjoy doing the routine maintance and watching them grow. It quenches my fascination as well.

What about you?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Realistically, it brought me a constant fear of college debt (money issue).:shifty::shifty::shifty:
But hobby wise, it brought some sort of enjoyment to kill time, whenever i'm not doing anything. I plan to go buy more T.'s in the upcoming Repticon, since I finally have a budget. YESSSSS:smug:

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
Brings me a sense of purpose, like the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning is “gotta check on my girls” and I just look in each of there enclosures and check on them and not only that but I just love the routine of taking care of them and all that, it’s like my own little zoo and I am the zookeeper

The Seraph

Arachnolord
A feeling of contentness. I really can't find a way to describe it other then being content with my life. The only place where I feel unfulfilled is that I need more inverts in my life.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Being able to picture in my mind that the super-worms are people who annoy me as I drop them to be rent asunder by my minions...MWAH-HA-HA!

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A lot. But the most important thing is that the crickets nurtured my colder Lombardy Winters with their lovely singing :)

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
A new type of animal behaviour to dive into (I'm typically into mammal research) and a sweet little spider friend!

Sykomp

Arachnopeon
A lot more knowledge about the world, plenty of joy and sated curiosity. And a few rashes...

Also I've successfully annoyed more people in the vicinity of me with my lectures, as now also any mentions of spiders will trigger me to passionately share random facts about tarantulas. Many don't really appreciate when I pour information on them, but refusing is not an option. The poor fools will learn about tarantulas godddamnit!!

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
There is certainly a sort of zen to taking care of them. I check on them multiple times a day and even though they don’t do much, I find myself watching and kind of contemplating them when I get bored.

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
I have started to see spiders more as simply just animals with eight legs rather than some demonic spies from the underworld :p I was never really scared of them to begin with though.

Everyone seems to think I am a biologist now since I have them so I guess that's cool! Well, they also think I'm kind of weird too :penguin:

kcuB yrogerG

Arachnopeon
A realization that there are waaaay more T's than I thought. That they make fantastic pets, got me over my fear of arachnids, and its brought a lot of debt to me and tough decisions on whether to buy lunch or put the few dollars in savings.