What happens when 2 Ts meet?

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Answer they shake hands. So this morning (my day off BTW) I woke up to a scuffle about 11am. I just got a hamster and am not used to the noise they make after having Ts for so long which make almost no noise. But it wasn't the hamster it was coming from the other side of the room/ So I get up and go over to a 10 gallon tank I have divided in half see both my Brachypelma vagan 4" male not mature and Cyclosternum fasciatum 4.5" females both at the top of the enclosure shaking hands. I slowly set a bible on top of the screen top and that closed the gap. I did watch them interact for a min or two before I set the bible on top of the cage and found it interesting that they were both feeling each others legs but not acting aggressively towards each other. I'm sure their initial meeting was a little tense because it woke me up. I'm not sure I have anything to worry about now that the gap is closed, but I thought I'd see what everyone thought would you switch one to a different cage?

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Personally I'd put them in separate tanks. I don't think I'd be able to relax with a split tank...even a well made one.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i had a b.vagans and a a.seemani in a split tank.....dont think they ever noticed each other,due to the fact that the vagans was in her burrow most of the time,and the seemani was webbed up in her flower pot most of the time.

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a three way split 25gallon and i was on the phone to my mom telling her how funny it would be if one avic slid over to the other.....Oh mom I gotta call you back!! Sure enough because the screen wasn't tight enought my versi went right into my avics tank :) They didn't "meet" per say but my hubby helped me fix the problem :)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a three way split 25gallon and i was on the phone to my mom telling her how funny it would be if one avic slid over to the other.....Oh mom I gotta call you back!! Sure enough because the screen wasn't tight enought my versi went right into my avics tank :) They didn't "meet" per say but my hubby helped me fix the problem :)
That is scary! I was thinking about doing that with a 80gal once until reading the discussions here on split tanks for Ts and reading the caging part of my TKG.

With my bad luck, I tend to believe the TKG saying, "The less expensive T always kills the more expensive T!' Don't divide an H.mac and a P.subfusca! :embarrassed:

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Even after everyone knows that it's a bad idea, people still keep Ts this way....incredible. :wall:

FuzzOctave

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I think I'd move one. I don't know of many success stories regarding T's and condo living. You might be able to make it work, but then again, one of them could end up as lunch.

I think Robc has a very successful design for his T. blondi's, but it's way huge and tall. I still wouldn't try it with anything other than two terrestrials.

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Even after everyone knows that it's a bad idea, people still keep Ts this way....incredible. :wall:
well unfortunately I don't have a lot of money for each to have their own enclosure yet, when my husband is able to have a job then we will start making our own plexiglass tanks, sorry but it's all I've got right now

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Their enclosures don't have to be fancy, if it keeps them from being eaten!

I considered it at one point... but not after I read some threads on here!