What happens to your tarantulas if you die?

What happens to your tarantulas if you die?

• My tarantulas go to another keeper either here on Arachnoboards or in the Meat World.

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • I'm an immortal, I don't worry about such things.

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • I haven't thought about it.

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Family members will probably throw a bug bomb in my T room.

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • This sounds like a plot to get my Ts

• Other

• Total voters

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Such a depressing thread! Well, I have enough friends with me in the sciences that I would imagine someone would step up and make arrangements regarding my collection. Since I'm an academic, it would be nice if my collection (alive and dead) went to an educational facility. That also goes for all my books and what not. Anyone who knows me well enough would know to do that.

As for all of my other possessions, I really couldn't care less. Anything that I own that can't be used academically is simply a luxury, and of no value toward what I want for my legacy.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Lol, there's a cremation ad on this page for me... Honestly, either probably given away or sold.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Hubby would take care of them for me but he'd probably sell or give away my B. boehmei because they hate each other :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Interesting thread!

I will use that for wish to all of you (mod. included, of course) my sincere wishes for a great Christmas, guys and gals!

Pay no attention that we are only in lovely Spring: you never know what can happens tomorrow :angelic:

As for me, well... The Goddess, immortal She-Matriarchy Ruler, will kill all of my T's and inverts if something cough cough annoying would happen to me, before disappearing into the sunshine with an epic, sad theme :-s

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
That's easy, I have thought this over long ago. I have a parrot that will out live me by almost 50 years. My daughter loves my addiction as much as I do. So she would take care of them.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Crap I never really thought about it and since I'm a confirmed MM I feel like my times running out...

My girlfriend would take them if something ever happened to me.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Such a depressing thread! Well, I have enough friends with me in the sciences that I would imagine someone would step up and make arrangements regarding my collection. Since I'm an academic, it would be nice if my collection (alive and dead) went to an educational facility. That also goes for all my books and what not. Anyone who knows me well enough would know to do that.

As for all of my other possessions, I really couldn't care less. Anything that I own that can't be used academically is simply a luxury, and of no value toward what I want for my legacy.
I agree that the thought of perishing is depressing; however, we will all eventually pass away. The OP's post is simply realistic more than anything. Such is life.

I love what you wrote, btw. *much love* :shy::embarrassed:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
My other half knows how to get into my phone. My connections are in there. I would hope they help her sell the collection for some extra money.
Every enclosure is labeled so the guess work isn't there. Somebody will get the deal of a lifetime if I know anything about my girlfriend.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I have it lined up that a few of the valuable ones will be sold, but the majority will be given away so long as the person is willing to pay shipping. There's actually a list of usernames on this forum to reach out to. About five would die along with me - hybrids, very clear instructions to put them in the freezer.

I used to work at a bank, so I actually have a will with a section dedicated to my tarantulas :p You never know what's going to happen in your life. Chances are that dealing with dozens of arachnids will be at the bottom of your loved one's priority list.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
I have it lined up that a few of the valuable ones will be sold, but the majority will be given away so long as the person is willing to pay shipping. There's actually a list of usernames on this forum to reach out to. About five would die along with me - hybrids, very clear instructions to put them in the freezer.

I used to work at a bank, so I actually have a will with a section dedicated to my tarantulas :p You never know what's going to happen in your life. Chances are that dealing with dozens of arachnids will be at the bottom of your loved one's priority list.
I vouch to care for all your hybrids as pets, no breeding :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You never know how many sunsets you are going to get, of that I know.
Ah ah, especially today where the lifespan increased. Well, at least here in Italy. Mediterranean diet miracle?

No... they just realized that the old ones with their pensions are the new "oil well" where attain constant cash: hard to get taxes from the first tramp of the street in his/her 30 - 40... that's why when my Grandmother (almost 95, btw) go to the hospital for normal visits there's the 'red carpet', but, in the case of a normal, unemployed, young man directly the 'green light' for go away, passing with his head through the glass door, of course.

Italy is a living 'Mad Magazine', basically :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
Lol, there's a cremation ad on this page for me... Honestly, either probably given away or sold.
Cremation ad?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
What in the heck?? You are still so so young, love! This sight needs to strengthen their advertisment algorithms a tad, yeah??