What happens if there is nobody home when your Ts arrive?

Squid

Arachnopeon
I apologize if this is in the wrong category, Im still fairly new to forums.
This is my first time ordering Ts online (P Metallica and Regalis), I ordered them back in the beginning of July, I had an invoice sent to me because I missed the preorder by a day so I have already paid and is not a pay at the door. However, I finally got an update last Saturday that the import was very delayed and they will begin shipping early this week, but I still haven't received anything. I understand that delays happen and they can't always control when everything gets shipped out, but I'm starting to get nervous that itll arrive after school starts next week and I won't be home when they do eventually arrive. Depending on the time, my sister may be home, but I'd rather not make her try to move them into their enclosures but I get home at 8 pm. Will they be ok in their shipping containers for the whole day until I get home to move them out? If my sister is still at school as well when the Ts arrive will they be sent back or will they be left outside until she gets home?

(I've sent the seller a similar email expressing my concern about this as well but their communication hasn't been great so I don't know if/when I'll get a reply. Hence why I'm asking here as well)

cold blood

Staff member
If no one is there, right away you lose your LAG in most cases.

If your sis can take the package in and sign for it, the ts should be just fine in the shipping containers till you get home.

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
You might try talking to the seller and seeing if the shipping company can hold them for pickup, if it would be an option for you to go get them after school. When I order Ts online, I always request that they are held for pickup at the FedEx facility near my house. I know lots of people have them held like this so they can pick them up after work or whatever, and this way they aren't sitting in a hot/cold delivery truck or on the porch unattended. I like doing it this way because you bypass the entire guessing game of when the delivery will arrive, etc.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I apologize if this is in the wrong category, Im still fairly new to forums.
This is my first time ordering Ts online (P Metallica and Regalis), I ordered them back in the beginning of July, I had an invoice sent to me because I missed the preorder by a day so I have already paid and is not a pay at the door. However, I finally got an update last Saturday that the import was very delayed and they will begin shipping early this week, but I still haven't received anything. I understand that delays happen and they can't always control when everything gets shipped out, but I'm starting to get nervous that itll arrive after school starts next week and I won't be home when they do eventually arrive. Depending on the time, my sister may be home, but I'd rather not make her try to move them into their enclosures but I get home at 8 pm. Will they be ok in their shipping containers for the whole day until I get home to move them out? If my sister is still at school as well when the Ts arrive will they be sent back or will they be left outside until she gets home?

(I've sent the seller a similar email expressing my concern about this as well but their communication hasn't been great so I don't know if/when I'll get a reply. Hence why I'm asking here as well)
Canada Post?

You can sign up for their Flex Delivery and pick up any package at the post office.

(and just for all the Americans on this site, it is not illegal to ship via Canada Post here).

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
That sort of lack of communication is unacceptable. And if it is the dealer that I think it is - I'm pretty sure that they're not shipping Canada Post, they're using Reptile Express/FedEx. If that is the case, and you're not home to accept the package, then it will go to the nearest FedEx depot for you to collect it. As far as I know, none of the dealers in Canada will ship without a signature required at the back end.
Where are you? Because if you are in the GTA, or close to it, then there is an expo on the weekend of September 14/15 in Mississauga and both dealers in the east should be there. They normally arrange drop offs along the way if you don't want to pay the fee to get into the expo. It might not be too late to arrange something and save your shipping costs.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
I've typed it before but I'm typing it again. In my opinion there SHOULDN'T even be an option for tarantulas to be delivered even if they're not taken in.

They're live animals not craft supplies.

Squid

Arachnopeon
Where are you? Because if you are in the GTA, or close to it, then there is an expo on the weekend of September 14/15 in Mississauga and both dealers in the east should be there. They normally arrange drop offs along the way if you don't want to pay the fee to get into the expo. It might not be too late to arrange something and save your shipping costs.
GTA, I usually do go to the expos, this is actually the seller I usually buy from when I go but it seems like in-person will probably be better for next time because the first time I tried ordering from them online it also gave me a headache..

So they did end up replying to my email but they couldn't find my name on their side of things? Strange because I did pay for it already(I asked about paying at the door but they told me to do an e-transfer) and I didn't use a different name so I dont know what was going on. Anyways it seems like it should be coming in next week? Its too bad because like I said before, I do usually buy from them at expos because they have a nice selection and their prices are nice but trying to order something online shouldn't be this hard. I think they said it was going by Canada Post, if I remember correctly.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
GTA, I usually do go to the expos, this is actually the seller I usually buy from when I go but it seems like in-person will probably be better for next time because the first time I tried ordering from them online it also gave me a headache..
So they did end up replying to my email but they couldn't find my name on their side of things? Strange because I did pay for it already(I asked about paying at the door but they told me to do an e-transfer) and I didn't use a different name so I dont know what was going on. Anyways it seems like it should be coming in next week? Its too bad because like I said before, I do usually buy from them at expos because they have a nice selection and their prices are nice but trying to order something online shouldn't be this hard. I think they said it was going by Canada Post, if I remember correctly.
I have only ever had tarantulas shipped to me by Arachnophiliacs in BC, those came via Air Cargo and had to be picked up at Pearson, and Tarantula Canada has shipped them to me back when they were still using Canada Post. TarCan would not ship them without a signature required. If I was not going to be in a position to stay put until the letter carrier delivered them, I would arrange to have them shipped using FlexDelivery and pick them up that same day at the Post Office that was most convenient. I don't know how Tangled in Webs ships them, or if they insist upon shipping with a signature required.

Squid

Arachnopeon
Just realized I never posted an update! I ended up getting the shipping cost refunded since there was another delay and picked it up in person at an expo instead.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Have the package sent to a family member that’s home most of the time, or have it sent to your job.