1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to Sicarius Thomisoides?

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Necrodude, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Necrodude

Necrodude Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I used to always see Sicarius Thomisoides for sale not to long ago. I always wanted one but just never got around to buying one. Of course now that I'm looking for one it seems like I can't find anyone with them. Is there a reason I can't find them for sale anymore?

2. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Never saw those for sale here in Europe, actually (not Italy anyway since they are banned due to the venom potency, so mostly UK and Switzerland). Here was basically S.hahni and, to a lesser extent, S.terrosus, if my memory doesn't betray me :)

3. The Seraph

The Seraph Arachnobaron

USA
    I know bugsincyberspace sometimes has Homalonychus for sale, which is similar to Sicarius Thomisoides. Otherwise, they are very uncommon. Don't think they are illegal, just uncommon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I know they come from a desert in Africa and I believe somwhere in Brazil or Chile. That might have something to do with availability. I got mine for 20$ about 6 months ago and now they’re 60$

5. Necrodude

Necrodude Arachnopeon

I know they're not common but I used to see them all the time for sale. I've been looking for the past 2 months. I also used to see them at the expos I used to go to. Last one I went to nobody had any.

6. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Ah, ok. Wait a minute. S.thomisoides are basically S.terrosus (the species I was talking in post #2). Here everyone called those S.terrosus, that's why.

Yep, here in Europe they are available, altough more uncommon today, but still... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Necrodude

Necrodude Arachnopeon

Yeah, I see them for sale in Europe and Canada but not here in the US. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

8. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA
    They pop up sometimes. I got mine not too long ago. There’s a few pairs which exist also.

9. Necrodude

Necrodude Arachnopeon

Did you get yours on here? I've been on different websites and facebook groups looking for one. I found someone selling one on facebook but they never messaged me back. I guess I just have to be patient and keep my eyes open.

10. NYAN

CA
    Is it the dude with the very expensive female?

• Clarification Please Clarification Please x 1
  11. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoemperor Active Member

They were really common a few years ago because @gromgrom and I ended up with waaayyy too many slings at once, so we both sold tons and then I believe the females as well. This could still be part of the lull as the slings are growing to adulthood before people start breeding them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Necrodude

Necrodude Arachnopeon

Yep that's the one. I knew it was to high of a price. I made him a offer but I guess he didn't like it.
    Now it makes sense why there were so many. I should of just bought one when I saw them. Hopefully they start to become available again.

13. NYAN

CA
    Didn’t Chile stop exporting also?

14. JAFUENTES

JAFUENTES Arachnodragon

Netbug has them but not on their site. You have to email them to see if they still have

15. NYAN

CA
    I have a male which is mature. His is penultimate apparently. If you buy it, maybe we can breed.

16. Necrodude

Necrodude Arachnopeon

Thanks for letting me know. I sent them an email.
    I've never bred any species before but I would definitely think about it. Like I said he didn't even reply back to my message I sent him.

17. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

I count myself very lucky to have my male. Rare as hen's teeth here in the UK to see any for sale.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Necrodude

Necrodude Arachnopeon

You have to post pictures just to make me jealous. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince

Had a couple lbefore. Kinda sorry I got rid of them as they seem kinda scarce lately.

20. Necrodude

Necrodude Arachnopeon

Somebody messaged me on Tarantula forum saying they had a female and male for sale. They want me to send payment through western union though. I've gotten scammed before using that payment method so I won't do it. They said they will message me tomorrow with a different payment method. I guess we will see tomorrow.