1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to Monocentropus lambertoni?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by JAFUENTES, Jan 14, 2019.

1. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Friend of mine had 3 or 4 slings, then he quit the hobby and sold his whole collection to someone in Germany. That was 3 years ago.
    I only know that he was complaining how he had them for 2 years and that they almost never eat, and grow really really slowly. Maybe that's the reason why MM are rare.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. korg

korg Arachnobaron Active Member

They're definitely not great eaters in my experience. I give my female prekilled because that's basically the only way she will eat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking

Of course.

Working on it ;)
    4C5C1262-03B8-41DD-AC13-476C02B42569.jpeg 10533C99-A227-4CF2-961C-BBA3B4D5327C.jpeg

I had a good experience keeping these together as a commune. There was no infighting, they shared burrows and food. I could not get them to breed within the commune. But they would mate when removed. No viable sacs produced after placed back in commune.

They were fine together for over a year. I eventually split them up when I sold a few and sent them stateside.

This is true. I highly doubt that they are Monocentropus. They are most likely a subspecies or form of Encyocrates raffrayi.

They do not have good appetites at all. I also feed a varied diet of prekilled but feed sparcely.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  4. Ultum4Spiderz

Ultum4Spiderz Arachnoking Active Member

Yeah leave me those to the pros imagine very hard to get a breeding pair. Probably big dealers would have to start them out not hobbyists. Or someone with deep pockets.
    Any experienced breeder could do it probably if they have the money for such a rare species.
    Best of luck to anyone breeding rare species !!!:cat:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019