What does your T room/setup look like?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Curious to see how others have their T's set up or if they have their own T room (and share pics).

Here's mine, not very big, just 24 mostly slings:
IMG_8616.JPG

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
Mine right now is setup on a very large ( 8 ft by 4 ft) workbench in my basement. 33 in total a lot of sling and juvies at some point in building a big shelve to hold my Exo Terra's for my snakes and all as well

Sling humidor :)

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I keep most of my tarantulas on a shelf in my computer room, the two not on the shelf are my A. Geniculata and my GBB which I keep on a desk in the same room. I would take a picture but the room is a little bit messy as I am preparing enclosures for future additions.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I'm running out of shelf space, especially since the slings are growing like weeds.
Plus one more metal rack not pictured. ;)

2016-05-22 20.25.48.jpg 2016-02-05 21.13.32.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm running out of shelf space, especially since the slings are growing like weeds.
Plus one more metal rack not pictured. ;)

View attachment 212866 View attachment 212865
Container questions

1. Where did you get those containers that house the P rufis? DO you like them?
2. Where did you get those containers w/the aqua lids and the clear lids? And how much were they?
3. What are those shiny disks/circles for in all of those same containers.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What's the gray/clear pipes? for on the set of containers on the row below the top for?
The grey pipes are my vapor tubes I've got strung up everywhere, one to each 10 gallon on the big rack on the right. I just got a ultrasonic vaporizer up there and am devising a vapor multiplexor I will try to hook up to my arduino. I've also got air and temp leads to most of the tanks back there, slowly inching my way towards automation

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
slowly inching my way towards automation
I'm all ears on that. What are you using, and what are you using for environmental control systems, software if any, etc. I've thought about it, but haven't proceeded.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The grey pipes are my vapor tubes I've got strung up everywhere, one to each 10 gallon on the big rack on the right. I just got a ultrasonic vaporizer up there and am devising a vapor multiplexor I will try to hook up to my arduino. I've also got air and temp leads to most of the tanks back there, slowly inching my way towards automation
I've been looking at the raspberry pi for better monitoring. It would be nice to have temp readings for each enclosure(mostly for the reptiles) and the room. There are several USB temp probes I've seen but I haven't looked into how accurate they are. I've not even got into the setup to control the room temp etc. I have some stuff we used to control 110V lamps with the pi that I'm sure could turn on a heater. I also like the idea of phone alerts when parameters went out of the norm. Like many of my projects I need to find more time.

I'm all ears on that. What are you using, and what are you using for environmental control systems, software if any, etc. I've thought about it, but haven't proceeded.
It would depend on what you were using for a controller. If I was using the pi for the controller I'd write a script in python and expand it as needed. I don't know of any buy-able software that could be tweaked for what you would want. Then again I haven't really looked for any.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Container questions

1. Where did you get those containers that house the P rufis? DO you like them?
2. Where did you get those containers w/the aqua lids and the clear lids? And how much were they?
3. What are those shiny disks/circles for in all of those same containers.
1) bought ten of them off eBay last year, wish I would have bought more. yes i love them for pokies and palsmos they are about 4"x 8"
2-3) Bought them off of CL local and I stole them $3 ea for the larger and $2 ea for the smaller. They are laboratory rodent rack cages. The seller made his monies scrapping the aluminum racks and sold over 400 of them cheap. The metal disks (one way valves) are for the vacuum based ventilation system in the racks to control the air, that coupled with two piece lids w/filters kept only clean air flowing through the cages. I still have quite a few left of each. they are very heavy plastic, much sturdier than KK's the larger are 14"x9"x7"

2015-11-24 23.03.24.jpg 2015-11-24 23.05.41.jpg 2015-11-26 19.11.37.jpg 2015-11-26 19.12.50.jpg

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Preface this with a full admission of my electronics and programming Luddite knowledge level. I rely mainly on my EE brother and coder buddy for the solder work/ arduino coding needed to make mother brain operational. Ive mainly been gathering components and have yet to get it operating software wise. I've got the arduino hooked up to a relay bank that is rated high enough voltage wise to not but down my house and safely switch my 150 watt heat bulb in red or white. I've got a multiplexor wired in that gives me 24 temp sensors to some of the arduino's outputs and my rgb LEDs going to the rest. My next task is to find some small plugs so I can wire up the rgb LEDs. Dang wires are so small it's going to be a nightmare without some kind of plug system but I haven't been able to find anything in 4 wire male and female sets smaller than trailer hitch setups .. The quest continues ...

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Preface this with a full admission of my electronics and programming Luddite knowledge level. I rely mainly on my EE brother and coder buddy for the solder work/ arduino coding needed to make mother brain operational. Ive mainly been gathering components and have yet to get it operating software wise. I've got the arduino hooked up to a relay bank that is rated high enough voltage wise to not but down my house and safely switch my 150 watt heat bulb in red or white. I've got a multiplexor wired in that gives me 24 temp sensors to some of the arduino's outputs and my rgb LEDs going to the rest. My next task is to find some small plugs so I can wire up the rgb LEDs. Dang wires are so small it's going to be a nightmare without some kind of plug system but I haven't been able to find anything in 4 wire male and female sets smaller than trailer hitch setups .. The quest continues ...

Try this site for connectors. wire pins and such they have so much stuff its insane
not sure there are 4 wire but I have purchase 2 wire 22 gauge male and female plug sets w/ 6"wires for dirt cheap (.99ea set) and you could double up on them.
almost all the way down the page.
http://www.autolumination.com/connectors.htm