What do you think of this container from Target?

sid1221

Arachnopeon
image.jpeg image.jpeg Looking for something for my first terrestrial T that will probably be an adult in the 4 to 5 inch range. Don't want to spend a lot until a month or two down the road. What do you think, just drill some holes for air and good to go?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Those are really nice I have a couple that I use to keep my feeder roaches in. As long as there is enough substrate and ventilation for the T it will be fine

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You can also use a soldering iron to melt holes, less chance of the plastic cracking.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I hate Sterilite because it's not transparent.
I agree. Though they are functional/work well, I only use them for temp enclosures or quarantine containers. Not for any permanent housing.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Excellent for feeder roaches, though I haven't used them for T's/scorps/etc., so I can't say how well they work. Should be about as good as any other enclosure, as long as you don't mind it not being completely clear.

sid1221

Arachnopeon
Good point about the clarity. I found a 10 gallon aquarium at Walmart with the dimensions I want for $13, plus $7 for a vented lid. I'll try that as a temporary until I spend bigger bucks on an acryclic one from the pros.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree. Though they are functional/work well, I only use them for temp enclosures or quarantine containers. Not for any permanent housing.
I agree. They are great because they come in a variety of sizes, esp depths.

Good point about the clarity. I found a 10 gallon aquarium at Walmart with the dimensions I want for $13, plus $7 for a vented lid. I'll try that as a temporary until I spend bigger bucks on an acryclic one from the pros.
Glass is always going to be better than acrylic from a cleaning standpoint too. Glass doesn't scratch like acrylic will. Nor will glass stain due to cocofiber as acrylic will either.

Look into glasscages.com I haven't bought from them, but they sell holding pieces that should allow to customize the size of your tank be it made of glass or plastic.

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
i use those containers from target. they work great and the latches dont spook the Ts like snap on lids. Like mentioned before they arent permanent enclosures since I want the final enclosures to be displays when the T is big enough.