What do tarantulas taste like?

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
None of my big Ts have died since I started in the hobby.
But when one does, I don't imagine I'll want to flush it. Or bury it in someone else's yard.
Preparing a pet for cooking would be sad and gruesome, but in the end we would be together forever {D
Ahh, you grok in fullness

I just wouldn't ever imagine it seriously tasting like a prawn or lobster or crab...? ...interesting.
They are closely related

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
if you eat a chinese T like Chilobrachys jingzhao will you be hungry for another one 30 min later?:?

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you lick their abdomens you get quite the buzz. Check it out, my man.

--the nature boy

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I bet they taste like like sea urchins,

oh.. and 'made of hate" welcome, you just aint anybody until you have an infraction;P

Nightshade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ahh, you grok in fullness
What?!?
What is 'grok?'

I'm no expert on serial killers, but I'm pretty sure Dahmer dissected other people's pets and stray animals, not his own pets. I don't remember if he ate any of them.

I've never had prawns. I'll have to try them sometime.

apidaeman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That T appears to be an arboreal. Seems almost like Poecilotheria, but tough to make a fair guess on a roasted specimen. Would help to know where the video was taken.

JTC5150

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
*Jeffrey Dahmer. If you're going to make references, spell it right. :p

If you can make a connection between cannablism/torture/acid zombies, I'd hate to see what you can conjure for Ed Gein. Would would that make an interior designer?
Give it a rest please.Downt kneed two currect evrywon.;P

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you mean you don't think people and monkeys taste the same?
{D well, the at least with the scorps, they are very closely related to things like horseshoe crabs and other water based arthropods. I don't know, i'd eat two different monkey's too compare the taste, but I'd never touch human flesh.

would be interesting though, to compare some still existing cannibalistic tribes taste in human flesh to what they though of monkey. :}

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have tasted deep-fried tarantula (Haplopelma longipes) in Cambodia. It is an oily-greesy crispy-chevy experience laced with copious amounts of garlic and chili. Not something I have the urge to do anytime soon again ;-)

Here's the pictures ;-)

The treats:

Cheerful:

Thoughtful:

Doubtful:

Regretful:

Cheers and healthy appetite ;-)

Søren

Is there anyone here on the boards who has actually tasted tarantula?
I'm curious.

I'm packing up for a move and I just came across some old molts, plus I'm getting hungry for dinner, lol.

I know some people store their dead Ts in the freezer. Ever thought about scraping the bristles off of one with a paring knife and throwing it into a frying pan with a bit of oil and some herbs?