what do i feed my Jumping Spiders?

Tycho Hasebos

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Tycho
I have a problem.. i caught a salticus scenicus and another tiny jumping spider.
but i have a few problems. I don't know what to feed them. i dropped little flightless fruitflys in there tiny enclosures, but they don't eat them. the salticus scenicus didn't eat a long time, not even scavange feeding helped. (a tiny dead cricket) and they dont eat the fruitflys either. also, one of em build a tiny hammock type web on tope of one of the sticks in the enclosures (so they can climb around and stuff) and it build itself into it. is it in pre molt? i only have expirience with tarantulas. also, if it helps i caught them in holland. so ya know. do i need to l put them in bigger enclosures, these ones are about the size of an infant's fist. ill take pictures when i get home. anyone got a guide for me? i really need help on how to keep them, since i like them a lot.

The wolf

Arachnolord
What enclosures are they in
Do you have any pictures
How long have you had them

nuck

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Tycho
also, one of em build a tiny hammock type web on tope of one of the sticks in the enclosures (so they can climb around and stuff) and it build itself into it. is it in pre molt?
It's a possibility. One of my wild caught jumpers surrounded itself in a bubble of web, and proceeded to molt inside it. After molting it stayed within the web bubble for a couple of days (I kept it in a glass jar so the humidity probably messed with the drying process). However, before that it created a web-hammock to rest in, so it may be trying to feel secure.

EDIT: after re-reading your sentence, yes it is definitely getting ready for a molt if it closed itself in.

RedVelvet

Arachnosquire
I caught myself a Phidippus aurax last night, didn't have any mason jars laying around so I just used an empty cricket container from Petsmart, mixed with the top of one from Petco so it couldn't lift the holes and escape. Mine seems to have made a little nest up around the top corner of it's enclosure behind some cork bark. It honestly looks like my little Hapalopus.

EDIT: I have gotten a mason jar and have set it up so that there's more vertical room than horizontal room. I'm waiting until the little guy is awake to rehouse.

Last edited:

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
Maby its paird, and it want to make a sac? Its very nice weather now here in holland... (i'm also dutch)