What did I just witness?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
My Brachypelma schroederi just suddenly tripped while doing usual spidy-spider side wall catwalking, then flipped, and fell on it’s back.

I was so glad that I added significant amount of substrate earlier. So it was not like sky high falling at all, it was more like a slapstick comedy. Honestly, I really did not know if I have to laugh or cry.

Then it flipped back, and slowly walked into the shadowy hide with the dragging shame on it’s back.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
My Lp had a similar stumble, it had recently molted, and after some spider yoga it went out for a stroll. It was walking around on the wall, then when it tried to climb from the wall to the top of it's hide it fell over :rofl:

Reminded me of an adolescent boy that just had a growth spurt and isn't used to how long his legs are yet. I mean, to be fair, that's pretty much exactly what happened :rofl:

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
My B. vagans had a similar episode. Climbed the side of enclosure just enough to get back leg off substrate, then somehow went legs up on the ground. Stayed like that for a good 20 minutes before resuming like nothing happened.