What countries in Africa are currently exporting herps?

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
So I have begun researching to attempt to breed my Sclerophrys regularis "African common toad". They are found in most countries in Africa. I was hoping to narrow down the possible list of where they might have been collected from. I want to mimic temps, daylight hours, rainy season duration as close as possible. Does anyone know which African countries are regularly exporting currently? I can probably eliminate those undergoing civil wars, military coups etc....

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Are they not captive bred anywhere? I wouldn't be surprised if the answer were no, but if there are captive bred toads, surely that would be better.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Oh my apologies, I misunderstood the question.

You'd probably be fine with pretty consistent conditions--warm, 12-12 day night cycle, constantly humid and damp--given that the toads are adaptable, widespread, found in tropical Africa, and found, among other places, in wet savannah near rivers

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Yeah they are a wild caught species. When you can get a wc for 8 bucks no one bothers to try. I think it's worth it to all species to try to start a cb lineage. You have to start somewhere. Currently the are in a "dry season. About march or so I am going to try a warmer rainy season and see what happens.