1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can you tell me about P. cambridgei and P. irminia

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Bob Len, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:56 AM.

1. Bob Len

Bob Len Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    Thanks for the info and advice. Those pictures are amazing, the subtle green and oranges are great.

P. Irima is %100 next on my list.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2019 at 4:55 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Most of my pictures focus on the tarantula, but here are some that are more zoomed out. (She has two water dishes, because she webbed over the first and filled it with substrate, and I could not remove or clean it without destroying her addition.)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Psalmopoeus are arboreal, but unlike Avics, they won't necessarily spend most of their time high up. As slings in particular, they like to build "dirt curtains," so be sure to include some cover and anchor points on the ground.

This is my irminia's sling enclosure (before webbing):
    [​IMG]

This is my cambridgei's adult enclosure (before she moved in):
    [​IMG]

If I were setting up a new enclosure for her, I wouldn't necessarily do it like that again, because she doesn't really use her big log. I'd focus more on the bottom half of the enclosure, where she spends most of her time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bob Len

Bob Len Arachnosquire Active Member

Ok great, seems to be a pretty simple species husbandry wise. I was actually going to ask about them staying fairly close to the ground, so thanks for affirming that.