1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are Your Best Eaters?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Tia B, Jan 11, 2018.

1. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

Advertisement
    My best eaters.

Grammostola iheringi. Anything that moves is food to her. She's really fast too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theraphosa blondi. Not a surprise. Since rehousing her she's kept in her hide and kills the crickets when they invariably enter. (eating pic is older)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Chilobrachys fimbriatus. She's started to really like her food now. She wasn't that keen before but after her last moult that changed.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Pamphobeteus sp Costa. Ridiculous. She's like my Grammostola iheringi. Hits food really quick when I add it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Caribena versicolor. She's currently on a diet as she's "draggin a particular large wagon" at the moment. She's still out every day wanting more.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Obviously my other T's all eat and are healthy but those above seem to absolutely love to eat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. VanessaS

VanessaS Arachnodemon Active Member

Acanthoscurria geniculata female.
    All my Brachypelma albopilosum.
    Grammostola actaeon female.
    Grammostola iheringi female.
    Both Grammostola grossa.
    Lasiodora difficilis.
    Both Grammostola pulchra females.

I don't overfeed my tarantulas, so it is very rare that I have anyone who is refusing food for more than a couple of weeks due to being in premoult. There are a couple of exceptions at this time of year, because they might do some type of hibernating in nature, but very few of them are affected.
    My adult female Grammostola porteri fasted for only about ten days before moulting.

• Like Like x 2
  3. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

The ones kept the warmest

• Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  4. Sarkhan42

Sarkhan42 Arachnobaron Active Member

Yeah, a diet is definitely in order for this one :p
    317D0F57-8064-4FF6-83BE-13EA3CD0525B.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Swoop

Swoop Arachnosquire

Texas
    In no particular order...

My G. pulchra, Spot.
    My genic sling, Billie Jeaniculata.
    My other genic sling, Dug (digs like an N. incei)
    Unnamed B. albo juvie (feeding response rivals any genic!)
    Unnamed genic juvie
    Unnamed N. chromatus juvie
    AF P. cambridgei
    IM B. sabulosum

2.5" OBT juvie. After its molt I tossed in a mature male dubia and the T retreated into its burrow. The dubia wandered in and was then backing out when I saw and heard it get dragged back into the burrow. Big deal, you say. Well... The very next day my OBT stuck its legs out of the burrow asking for more!

My pickiest eaters other than slings are an AF B. albo and B. hamorii.

6. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Pinhead.jpg :hilarious:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoprince Active Member

CT
    For some reason my Hapolopus sp. Columbia large never refuses a meal.

8. Jonroe

Jonroe Arachnopeon

L. Parahybana
    T. Stirmi
    A. Geniculata

In that order, everyone else is pretty standard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Goopyguy56

Goopyguy56 Arachnosquire Active Member

Ohio
    My B emilia was my best eater but recently slowed down. My B albo always eats. my g pulchra is fun to watch stalk crickets. C versicolor has the most fireworks during mealtime.

10. louise f

louise f Arachnoangel

A.geniculata
    L.parahybana
    N.chromatus
    Those three girls they eat it all. And attacks the water when the water dish is getting filled up. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. starnaito

starnaito Arachnopeon Active Member

My male A. genic steals the award, for sure, followed closely by my juvie G. pulchra. They will only refuse food if a molt is imminent. And one of my Caribena versicolor slings eats like there's no tomorrow. All of my other Ts are half-hearted eaters (G. porteri, G. rosea, G. pulchripes, Euathlus sp. yellow, A. avicularia, and the other versi slings), or have a tendency to randomly fast. I heavily rely on my A. genic to help me get rid of feeders before they die off. XD

12. Ztesch

Ztesch Arachnosquire Active Member

My Brachypelma vagans is by far my most voracious eater. I wouldn't dare stick my hand anywhere in his enclosure. "El Diablo Rojo" is a beast!

13. JohnR

JohnR Arachnopeon

These are the T slings/juvies I have for a while now that are good eaters... Most of the time they still eat even before (like a day or few days) they molt...

1. C. cyaneopubescens
    2. B. schroederi
    3. P. irminia