what are these small white things?!

boina

Lady of the mites
I have already changed the substraight to make it dryer, also my T didn’t show any signs of distress. Been eating very well molted with no problems twice and doesn’t do anything like avoid the ground , but as I have said I am new and won’t mist as heavily anymore,
B. albos will tolerate wet conditions, up until the day they don't - and then you have a dead tarantula. Too wet doesn't mean your tarantula will die immediately. It does mean that the chances of it dying prematurely are greatly increased, and the first thing you'll know about it is if you find your tarantula dead.

Stop misting. As in: do not mist at all. Pour water directly into the substrate if need be. A good idea for you would be to keep one end of the enclosure dry since you seem very prone to creating an unhealthy swamp. If you stricly adhere to keeping one end of the enclosure completely dry you are less likely to overwater the rest.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
I have already changed the substraight to make it dryer, also my T didn’t show any signs of distress. Been eating very well molted with no problems twice and doesn’t do anything like avoid the ground , but as I have said I am new and won’t mist as heavily anymore,
It may be beneficial for you to post a picture of the enclosure anyways, even though you have addressed the substrate. Since you are new to keeping T's, and you were unaware that the substrate was way too wet, there may be other potential hazards to your tarantulas health that you are unaware of at this point. Advice tends to be given in a very blunt, matter of fact way around here. Don't let that discourage you from reaching out. We love T's and want the best for them.

nathan haydon

Arachnopeon
I put in new dry moss as well as very dry coconut husk substrate to soak up the moisture as well as I’m not putting any more moister in until it evens out nicely. I left a moister side more wet and put more dry substtaight on the other side for a dry side, I did not want to rehouse completely if I didn’t have to because her burrow is very nice and pretty extensive . On a bright side all the little white notes are gone even the ones that were in the water dish.

Attachments