What are the must haves for a T collection?

cosmo82

Arachnopeon
thats a formidable list there.
i'm still waiting on a P. Metallica and then i think that will have all bases covered.
i'm concentrating on the brachypelma and grammostola, trying to get a complete collection of both genus

ArachnidJackson

Arachnopeon
I dont want a list of all your t's, just an idea of what u think are the basics of a good collection.

hoping to expand to about 20 in the near future. thought i would pick your brains!

GOD I AM ADDICTED TO THIS SITE![/QUOTE]

1~ There is no basics of a good collection. I take that back, Grammostola Rosea would be basic and is a must have because they are the grand of all time must have starter tarantula, they are generically and generally the first and foremost of the collection/hobby. I have 6, they are each different and I wouldn't get rid of a one. They live long as piss as well. I have a 10 year old, she is quite the character.
2~The entire genus of Avicularia is a must have in my opinion. It is my goal to keep and breed every available species in this genus.

3~ I am thinking I will feel the same way about the
Holothele incei (Trinidad Olive) which I will shortly be starting the beginning of a colony project. I would like to see several generations worth of off spring in this colony. I would love to see several hundred living together in unison.

4~ At the moment my brain is not worth picking because I have been up for 3, almost 4 days with no sleep because I have been redoing my chill spot and researching a few T species I am interested in obtaining. Also plenty of price checks within 10+ sites to make sure I am getting the best possible deal.