What are the differences between Homoeomma sp Blue peru vs. Homoeomma sp blue 2 peru?

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
So I have been looking around and I came across Homoeomma sp blue 2 peru on a site for sale. The only problem is they had a pic of the sling and I cant find any pics or vids on the web. I kept coming across Homoeomma sp blue or " Peruvian Pink Zebra." So my question is are these similar looking? Also if you own the species can you show pics?

Thekla

Arachnoprince
As far as I know, or at least these are the varieties that are sold hereabouts... H. sp. blue peru 1 and blue peru 2, whereas 1 is a smaller growing, dwarf-ish species, and 2 is growing up to a kinda normal medium size of about 5"-6".

There're a lot of different opinions of what H. sp. blue (peru) really is... like Thrixopelma cyanoleum, lagunas, oh, I don't know... that genus is a mess. :p

I've got a H. sp. blue peru sling, and no idea what it really is. :rolleyes:

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Ya its confusing because from looking online it seems like there is a lot of variation within the same species.

boina

Lady of the mites
Homoeomma sp. blue 2, MM (females look the same with shorter legs and no emboli, obviously):

IMG_6104a.jpg

@Thekla

Yours looks suspiciously like a freshly molted T. cyaneolum sling, especially because of the tuft of read hair at the beginning of the abdomen. Blue Peru 2 doesn't have that. The carapax should darken a couple of days after the molt. Compare:

IMG_5750a.jpg

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
@boina Nice pic by the way. So is that a H. Blue 2 peru or just H. Blue 2? Or is it the same? Lol you guys are rite this genus is a mess.

boina

Lady of the mites
@boina Nice pic by the way. So is that a H. Blue 2 peru or just H. Blue 2? Or is it the same? Lol you guys are rite this genus is a mess.
Blue Peru 2 - I just was too lazy to type it out. I don't think there is a Blue 2.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
@Thekla

Yours looks suspiciously like a freshly molted T. cyaneolum sling, especially because of the tuft of read hair at the beginning of the abdomen. Blue Peru 2 doesn't have that. The carapax should darken a couple of days after the molt. Compare:

View attachment 265347
Oh, I'd love it to be T. cyanoleum, because that species is actually on my wishlist! :astonished:

That's my little Jack (I don't know why, but I just suspect it'll turn out male *gg*) today, 2 weeks after moulting.

dinner time_04022018.jpg

c.h.esteban

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
in the past there was H. sp PERU / BLUE SMALL and H. sp. PERU / BLUE LARGE or only H sp. BLUE .
the H. sp PERU / BLUE SMALL was later described as T cyaneolum.
because the juveniles and younger females of the H. sp PERU / BLUE LARGE had a lot of red hairs at the abdomen an looks a little bit like the adults of T cyaneolum we had a lot of false id´s.

the apenddix "2" was just a try to get a little bit more order in this mess. but it does not works, as we can see now.

in the end, H.sp. PERU BLUE 2 is a Thrixopelma sp. and there should be no differences between them and H. sp. PERU (LARGE) as well the pet trade "lagunas" too.

H. sp PERU BLUE 2
juv.

♀

boina

Lady of the mites
So, I was wrong, Blue Peru 2 do have red hair as a juvenile!

@Thekla - sorry. I'm not so sure I'd lable yours cyaneolum anymore :bag:.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
So, I was wrong, Blue Peru 2 do have red hair as a juvenile!

@Thekla - sorry. I'm not so sure I'd lable yours cyaneolum anymore :bag:.
Don't worry. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. ;)

But... $55...?!! :wideyed: I got my 1/2" sling for 9€. :rolleyes:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I haven't seen a Thrixopelma cyanoleum that looks like this locality in the thread, nor vice versa. I don't believe the H. sp Blue is T. cyan at all

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Nice coincidence you resurrected this thread just now, @viper69. ;)

My little H. sp. blue peru 2 "Jack" grew up and became a beautiful Jackie:

In comparison, this is my juvenile/sub-adult female T. cyaneolum "Madame de Pompadour":

Now you have a T. cyaneolum in this thread. :kiss:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice coincidence you resurrected this thread just now, @viper69. ;)

My little H. sp. blue peru 2 "Jack" grew up and became a beautiful Jackie:

In comparison, this is my juvenile/sub-adult female T. cyaneolum "Madame de Pompadour":

Now you have a T. cyaneolum in this thread. :kiss:

I knew it.

The other question is, is blue peru 2, the same as blue peru 1 ?

Thekla

Arachnoprince
The other question is, is blue peru 2, the same as blue peru 1 ?
I'm pretty sure, it's not. As I said before when I got my H. sp. blue peru 2 I read/was told that blue peru 1 is a smaller, dwarf-ish species whereas blue peru 2 grows up to a normal size of 5". I believe blue peru 1 is actually T. cyaneolum, but in case of blue peru 2 we'll still have to guess what it actually is until someone describes the species properly and brings light in this mess. ;)

@Tomoran made a nice husbandry video about H. sp. blue peru 2 and talks a bit about the whole mess.

Last edited: