What’s your favourite pokie?

Minty

@londontarantulas
I’ve only owned P.Metallica, P.Rufilata and P.Strirata. Of those, my Strirata is easily my favourite. What about you?

RonnyT

Arachnosquire
I would like to get a pokie one day, the one I'm looking at is P. subfusca lowland

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I've only kept P. Miranda so I'm a little biased, but after this one I've been completely satisfied. Will I get another pokie in the future? Most likely, but i love this one so much I dont feel like I need any more than one.

boina

Lady of the mites
There should be a poll here?

P. rufilata, because green, and P. subfusca 'highland', because contrasts, pattern, and they are nearly docile. I do like my ornata, too.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
In order, favorite to least of what I own:

rufilata
smithi
metallica and regalis are tied
Formosa

My rufilata is almost 5”. Can’t wait until she’s full size. At the rate she grows it shluldn’t be too long. The smithi, when she isn’t hiding, is very intertaining to watch. She always moves like she’s had too much coffee, even when she is calm. My metallica and regalis are both beautiful and mellow and usually out. The formosa has no unique qualities that I’ve noticed so far.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I'm waiting to get a pokie until I see how I do as my P. cambridgei grows, one may not be in my future,lol. If or when I do get one I'm seriously thinking a rufilata or tigrinawesseli with favor leaning heavily in favor of the rufilata.

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I only have baby subfusca HL and regalis. Across the genus on looks alone my favorite is the subfusca HL and the rufilata is a close second. P. regalis is the only spider my wife has ever actually admitted to liking, so it was an excuse to get one as well.

Best pic I have of the regalis, it’s still been a little reclusive since it’s last molt a week + ago.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Ornata is my favorite species in the genus. Their size and coloration really sets them apart IMO, bulk wise they are the biggest poecs I have seen.

Close second would be P.regalis. The overall white contrasts so well with the darker colors, females are jaw dropping.

Lowland subfusca are gorgeous as well, and seem to fall under the radar with most...

Metallica are great spiders, highly coveted for their vibrant coloration...I kept them lower in the list simply cause they get more then enough attention as is.

P.rufilata are quite unique looking, one of the few tarantulas in the hobby with green and red coloration.

There you have it, my top five poecs. Realistically, every species in the genus is a gem and has its own appeal...you really cant go wrong with any of them.

cold blood

Staff member
Ornata, rufilata and Miranda are my personal favs. But they are indeed all great.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Ornata is my favorite species in the genus. Their size and coloration really sets them apart IMO, bulk wise they are the biggest poecs I have seen.

Close second would be P.regalis. The overall white contrasts so well with the darker colors, females are jaw dropping.

Lowland subfusca are gorgeous as well, and seem to fall under the radar with most...

Metallica are great spiders, highly coveted for their vibrant coloration...I kept them lower in the list simply cause they get more then enough attention as is.

P.rufilata are quite unique looking, one of the few tarantulas in the hobby with green and red coloration.

There you have it, my top five poecs. Realistically, every species in the genus is a gem and has its own appeal...you really cant go wrong with any of them.
You’ve just made me want a subfusca lowland. Haha

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
@JBarbaresi this is what I have too! My first Pokies. Both are babies and I don't know if the P. subfusca is HL or LL - is there any way visually to tell the difference?

So far, with mine, the 1.5" P. subfusca (I've had less than a week) seems a bit more active and the 2" P. regalis (which I've had two months and which has molted) seems more chill. I like them both and don't have a favorite yet. It'll depend on how rehoming goes. LOL

I only have baby subfusca HL and regalis. Across the genus on looks alone my favorite is the subfusca HL and the rufilata is a close second. P. regalis is the only spider my wife has ever actually admitted to liking, so it was an excuse to get one as well.

Best pic I have of the regalis, it’s still been a little reclusive since it’s last molt a week + ago.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
I really like regalis as they have great black and white contrast. Mine has a fantastic attitude for a pokie too, it's out in the open quite often and never bolts or poses, just tucks into it's webbed up cork slab when disturbed. They get fairly large and bulky for an arboreal which is another plus although they are still smaller than ornata and rufilata.