What’s going on with my T?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I also own one of these tarantulas and I see absolutely nothing wrong with this picture. That’s just how T joints look. She could be close to moulting or it might still be a ways away. This genus grows super slow. Do you know when she moulted last? I’ve had mine two years and only just this week has it started webbing more into something that resembles a possible moulting mat.

SkatesSpidersStories

Arachnopeon
I don’t know when she moulted last (have only had her under a month!). Good to know she seems ok....

She’s my first T and I already love her to bits, so naturally I’m maybe a bit overworried for her health.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I don’t know when she moulted last (have only had her under a month!). Good to know she seems ok....

She’s my first T and I already love her to bits, so naturally I’m maybe a bit overworried for her health.
I think they can go something stupid like 5+ years between moults, I've had mine for over 2 years and she's the only T in my collection that's never moulted in my care, she's also spent the last 8 months fasting but still looks OK so don't worry if yours goes on a hunger strike.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
It looks fine to me. I wouldn't worry, I've had my 3" A. chalcodes for 15 months and she has spent a total of a year of that time sealed in her burrow, has not molted and currently hasn't eaten in 7 months. She still has a nice plump booty and seems just fine. I offered her a meal last feeding day and she was highly offended, lol. Spent a good 10 minutes threatening it.