Wha....Wha........WHAT!!!!!!!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Tarantulas are eaten in other parts of the world, nothing wrong with it in my eyes (as long as they're being taken sustainably). I wouldn't mind trying one, heard they taste like crab.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's not really all that shocking. Tarantulas are commonly eaten in other parts of the world, including South America and Asia - and have been for years. It's just personal squeamishness that leaves even the most devoted carnivore appalled at the idea of eating, say, a tarantula or cat or dog - but more than happy to chow down on a juicy steak or bucket o' KFC. It's just a question of how we've become accustomed to viewing them. For many of us, certain animals are placed firmly in the "pet" category, but other people would gladly consider them food - particularly in parts of the world where food in general (and protein in particular) may be somewhat scarce - and many of them would think that we're the weird ones for keeping animals inside our homes as pets. (Then there's also the whole "ick" factor that many people have about eating bugs of any sort! While in theory I support the idea of using insect protein as both animal feed and even food for people, I still get grossed out if I find weevils floating in my raisin bran.)

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
When the apocalypse comes our T's are gunna start looking very tasty after a while... Of course, the cat gets eaten first.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
When the apocalypse comes our T's are gunna start looking very tasty after a while... Of course, the cat gets eaten first.
Stock up on LP’s and turn those 1000 sling sacs into the mainstay of your post-apocalypse restaurant.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
I agree with @chanda that there is a certain gross out factor. To most people in the Western World, eating tarantulas is unfathomable and for us it is as well, for different reasons. Really, everything is food, except for poison, when you willing enough to eat it. Such as Pyralidea and Zophobas morio, most people would never eat those but they are very delicious and nutritional. Most people won't eat those since it is too uncomfortable for them.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's just personal squeamishness that leaves even the most devoted carnivore appalled at the idea of eating, say, a tarantula or cat or dog -
Speak for yourself. I am a devoted carnivore... *anything alive* is potential food. Including humans.

Okay, maybe cats sound gross to eat... they are disgusting animals.