Wet molt.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My B.albopilosum just flipped back over. I noticed that most of his abdomen was still in the molt. I help him out of most of it. He still has a little bit stuck on his underside, but not too much.

Im starting to think he just had a wet molt. His abdomen looks lumpy and wet. Below are some pics. Let me know what you think.

JungleCage

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah thats a wet molt for sure. i once had a 6" obt have a full wet molt. the entire spider was like jelly. it was still alive; she was so pretty too....

starscreamzx3

Arachnopeon
My Curly Hair {yeah thats right, im using a common name lol} just had a wet molt 2 weeks ago. I gave him a couple days to try and harden up til i put him in an ICU with lots of humity. He, ended up being male, is doing just fine. He's still a little wobbly, and his "boxing gloves" look like deflated ballons, but i just fed him and he is doing ok. My advice would make sure yours has plenty of water and good luck

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is this T likely to die now? If not soon, then possibly weeks from now?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He matured this molt?

Wait till he hardens up, see if he accepts food, and go from there.

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
IMO, that just looks like his abdominal setae have been gelled down with a little excess exuvial fluid for the ladies. :cool:

Hopefully it will evaporate! :eek:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Who knows? There isn't much known about them at this point.