Wet molt? What to expect

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
I've had a T. stirmi female molt a few days ago and her abdomen is just looking soaking wet while her hairs look dry. Not sure if this is the so called wet molt, she seems to be acting normal (kicking hairs like crazy), haven't tried feeding her yet.

(was trying to get a better picture but she is jsut not having it. but you can see the shine on the abdomen)

Anyone had any similar experiences with a wet molt? Did the spider make it? Is this even a wet molt??

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
With a wet moult for recovery, the most important and vital thing you can do is provide your tarantula with LOTS of fresh clean water. If I suspected a wet moult from one of mine I might be paranoid enough to put in two full water dishes just in case, but that's just me. I'd make sure the dish was more than 0.5" deep (You can use a soufflé cup from like a salad bar) and then bury it three quarters of the way in the substrate. Other than that, it's just a wait and see kind of situation.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Looking really hard at the picture, I'm not convinced it's actually a true wet moult. Is the area around the exuvia (old moult) really wet with like a sizeable puddle around/on top of it because of the extra loss of haemolymph? There's really no mistaking it when you see it.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Thanks all for the replies
Looking really hard at the picture, I'm not convinced it's actually a true wet moult. Is the area around the exuvia (old moult) really wet with like a sizeable puddle around/on top of it because of the extra loss of haemolymph? There's really no mistaking it when you see it.
The molt itself is dry but the abdomen looks completely wet. Ill try feeding her tomorrow and see how she reacts. Ill give her a lot of water as well