wen does it start to show.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ok. i have about a 3 inch p. regalis and im wanting to know the sex. i cant seem to ventral sex these as i havent much practice as i do with other species. now i have read the pokie links but im still lost.

-what size do the females gain the ventral stripe?
-is it the female that looses the interior dorsal stripe or the male?
-and when do they start to show acual signs of diffrence between the two?

i know this has probly been beaten into the ground but i cant seem to get a straight forward answer! i dont get to see my pokie very often but last time it wasout it did have the yellow markings under the legs. if that means anything.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanks joe. but im still undecied on whether or not mine is a female. i dont see the "dot" as you called it. but i cant get a good photo to examine either. basically im saying a ventral shot is next to impossible due to the fact it NEVER come out:rolleyes: but i can see the dorsal view once in a while. and i always see the yellow leg markings. but i swear s/he just teases me with those:D oh and i will add, that its molted several times. and s/he always eats them..literally eats them directly after the molt. i watched it molt once, it flipped over and ate the molt..all of it!

i will admit though im usually 98% acurate when ventral sexing. but i seem a little sketchy with poecilotheria and psalmopoeus. those are the only to genus's ive messed up on so far.:clap: i even got reptists M. balfori right! but im also a newb to poecilotheria too.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm not sure what you're referring to with the yellow on the legs...I have adult regalis of each gender and both have vibrant yellow.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah i know they both posses the yellow markings. im just saying its already showing them. so maybe it gives someone an idea of where at in growth it is. mybe to help determine when he ventral trip may appear, or the dorsal stripe fade or whatever. sorry for not explaining. haha. my bad. i will say though the yellow is tempting..makes you just want to hold it!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ah, I see what you mean.

Well, maybe others can chime in what they know from experience. I'm a ventral/furrow kinda guy. ;)