Well she dident make it, no death curl?

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
last week wensday i got a H gigas adult female from a tade with some slings. sorry to say the female molted out in the shiping container and i knew this was way bad, she dident even walk right out of the container, wobbled alot. well she pased but she wasent in a death curl ( her exo wasent even harden yet) i dont blame the person who i traded it for but just to say i lost my first big T she will be missed my big H. gigas!!!!!! its a shame now.... the cage all empty she dident even get a last meal

Spider-Spazz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The person who traded it to you should have keep up with the molts so there wouldn't be a possibility of molting during shipping, and they would ship it after the molt.

Spider-Spazz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry for your lose though! I lost my wolf spider and that was the worst day. I haven't lost a T before.

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the thing is that i was a fresh wc specimen that droped a sac a cupple of weeks ago

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is why I never ship anything that even has a possibility of molting in transit. I've had a few sent to me that attempted to molt in transit. None of them made it.

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
leson learned and when ever i ship a T ill make sure it is not near a molt!!! and when im boying im gonna ask it was a pointless death

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ditto on waiting to ship after the slings molt - not too close after. Should have time to harden of course. All well, lesson learned I suppose.. sorry for the gigas, those are one of my faves.

Thanks for this post. It should deffinately discourage sellers on here from packaging their slings before an upcoming molt. If I ever become a breeder (unlikely as it is) I'd deffinately put the molts on my calendar. :)