Weird things my tarantula does

Liam52

Arachnopeon
I came into my room, and my B. Albopilosum was just sitting in the middle of his enclosure rotating his abdomen in a circle. Anybody know what this is, or was he just shakin’ what his arachnomama gave him?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Sometimes NW terrestrial slings will threat pose by putting their bums in the air.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
My Grammostola Pulchripes (2.5") sleeps on its legs. I think shes dead every time I see her sleeping cause she sleeps in a death curl right side up with normally 6 legs curled underneath her. She doesnt move when this is happening so I know it isnt grooming. Shes kept well so I know she isnt dying. Shes been doing this since she was 1" and I think shes dead every time and I poke the enclosure and she stands up and runs under the fake flowers I have in there. I need to get a picture of this, I stopped assuming shes dead and that shes just sleeping. Shes a weird one. Its like she just grooms herself out.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
My Grammostola Pulchripes (2.5") sleeps on its legs. I think shes dead every time I see her sleeping cause she sleeps in a death curl right side up with normally 6 legs curled underneath her. She doesnt move when this is happening so I know it isnt grooming. Shes kept well so I know she isnt dying. Shes been doing this since she was 1" and I think shes dead every time and I poke the enclosure and she stands up and runs under the fake flowers I have in there. I need to get a picture of this, I stopped assuming shes dead and that shes just sleeping. Shes a weird one. Its like she just grooms herself out.
Okay but I’m 99.9% sure that tarantulas don’t sleep. Maybe it just “likes” sitting that way.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Okay but I’m 99.9% sure that tarantulas don’t sleep. Maybe it just “likes” sitting that way.
Yea I assumed they didn't like 'fall asleep' but they go very still and relaxed sometimes when they arent busy hunting or exploring. Its kind of like their version of 'sleeping' lol.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Everyone I know who doesn't keep T's thinks that my G. rosea is sleeping when she's pretending to be a pokie (yknow, all flattened out) and I just have to laugh and go, "Haha, maybe!" :shifty:

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Everyone I know who doesn't keep T's thinks that my G. rosea is sleeping when she's pretending to be a pokie (yknow, all flattened out) and I just have to laugh and go, "Haha, maybe!" :shifty:
Yeah that's true, they stretch out like dogs (or less often cats) do on the sofa or something. I think they must be "resting their muscles".

Flashback

Arachnosquire
Yeah that's true, they stretch out like dogs (or less often cats) do on the sofa or something. I think they must be "resting their muscles".
The first time my T did this, I was like, whats' happening, lol. It's like total relaxation, lol!

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
My Selenotypus sp. C.Robustus grabs spagnum moss in her mouth, runs around the enclosure with it and then flings it away with her front legs. And believe me, you CANNOT pull it away from her. I tried and she ended up ripping the moss piece in half

Fleshless1

Arachnopeon
My L Parahybana climbs onto the roof of her encloser and pokes her fangs through the holes of the screen top. Anyone else have one doing this? She didn't start doing this until her last molt.

Attachments

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
OH MY GOD. My a. seemanni sling rests like that too and it’s terrifying!!!

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
My L Parahybana climbs onto the roof of her encloser and pokes her fangs through the holes of the screen top. Anyone else have one doing this? She didn't start doing this until her last molt.
That looks dangerous tbh. You might wanna replace that screen. I’d be worried about broken fangs.

dianemarie

Arachnopeon
I have heard that that is dangerous as they could get a leg caught or chew their way out screens are not good for those reasons, I am new also so correct me if I am wrong

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I have heard that that is dangerous as they could get a leg caught or chew their way out screens are not good for those reasons, I am new also so correct me if I am wrong
I’ve never heard one chewing their way out but there’s a risk of their claws getting stuck and them falling...especially dangerous for heavy bodied terrestrials.

I also think I read (here) about an avic getting the pedipalps torn off in a screen lid.