Weird Scrape on H. arizonensis

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Weird scrape on one of my adult H. arizonensis. Doesnt appear to be mycosis. Maybe just damage from digging? 20181129_210859.jpg 20181129_210902.jpg

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I think damage from digging might be likely, I noticed a few months ago mine had a couple of scrapes like that. They don't spread so that's what I'm assuming.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
How can you tell between an injury and mycosis?
Mycosis is the dark colored / black colored manifestation of a fungal infection typically found on arid species being kept in less than ideal conditions thus permitting the ailment to take hold and worsen.
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/pandinus/media/cGF0aDpzY29ycGlvbnMvUDEwMDA5NjguanBn/?ref=

The scrape on the leg of the specimen I posted above is noticeably translucent, indicative of the exoskeleton being scraped in that area. I just hope it does not thin out enough to cause legitimate harm to the specimen. So far it has not from what I can tell ...

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Mycosis is the dark colored / black colored manifestation of a fungal infection typically found on arid species being kept in less than ideal conditions thus permitting the ailment to take hold and worsen.
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/pandinus/media/cGF0aDpzY29ycGlvbnMvUDEwMDA5NjguanBn/?ref=

The scrape on the leg of the specimen I posted above is noticeably translucent, indicative of the exoskeleton being scraped in that area. I just hope it does not thin out enough to cause legitimate harm to the specimen. So far it has not from what I can tell ...
Definitely not Mycosis, if your scorpion was wild caught it,s probably a battle scar that,s not been noticed before, as I think the exoskeleton is hard enough to prevent marking from digging. The only other possible explanation is if the scorpion constantly tries it,s bid for freedom in the same area of the tank against rock or similar on a regular basis that could cause a wear mark

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Definitely not Mycosis, if your scorpion was wild caught it,s probably a battle scar that,s not been noticed before, as I think the exoskeleton is hard enough to prevent marking from digging. The only other possible explanation is if the scorpion constantly tries it,s bid for freedom in the same area of the tank against rock or similar on a regular basis that could cause a wear mark
It was not always there, it appeared last week. Most, if not all specimens of Hadrurus are wild-caught because it is difficult for most people to raise them in captivity.