Weird new 'bicolor' (Banded) Hadogenes sp.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Not sure if this is simply yet another color morph, an immature specimen or what, but these new Hadogenes that just came in have very blackish claws and legs... Unlike images I've seen of other "bicolor" or 'banded' morphs.

Anyone ever clear up whether the green banded ones are bicolor or something else? You do a Google search and get both. Apparently troglodytes, bicolor and other species in this genus have been recently revised. Any ideas?

Attachments

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
All I have is pics stating that it is from Tanzania. I don't have a species name though.

adios,
edw. =D

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have seen a few of them on Erato's stock. They sell them as "Hedogenes sp.". I might be buying one, or two next sunday from them, and I will also ask them if they know a little bit more about their scientific name.

Dennis

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Excellent! T/Y Dennis. I would kinda like to have a scientific name listed on the pics.

adios,
edw.

Baphomet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is sold as a Tanzanian Flatrock Scorpion, and is always listed as Hadogenes sp.

However, now that you got my curiosity up, I e-mailed a friend of mine from Texas who is involved with scorpion DNA research, and hopefully he will provide us the answer to this mystery.

Last edited: