Weird looking bruise on my cyaneus

DiGriv

Arachnopeon
I was feeding my cyaneus and notice that she have a brown looking scar near the end of her abdomen. It's both of her sides and i have no idea what those are.

2018-08-23 20.39.22 copy.jpg 2018-08-23 20.39.34 copy.jpg

Can anyone please identify what it is and what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Looks like some sort of dried substrate to me. Doesn't seem to be something to be worried about. :)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah I am not sure that is something critical, could be part of the substrate, or the hide if it is cork bark or something ? What does the enclosure look like?

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I read the thread title and not knowing where on the body your cyaneus is my first thought was "you might want to see a doctor"

EXHunter

Arachnopeon
Is your cyaneus wild caught? or did you get it recently? looks like soil to me lmao they always get wet substrate stuck on all parts of their bodies when they burrow, then it dries on them. Not really a serious threat if its substrate, just strange because your substrate looks nothing like whats stuck on the body, which appears to be clayey soil.

DiGriv

Arachnopeon
I read the thread title and not knowing where on the body your cyaneus is my first thought was "you might want to see a doctor"
That would be ideal. But from where I live, there're no vet that provide medical care for arthropod. So really my best option is to ask community forum such as this one.

Is your cyaneus wild caught? or did you get it recently? looks like soil to me lmao they always get wet substrate stuck on all parts of their bodies when they burrow, then it dries on them. Not really a serious threat if its substrate, just strange because your substrate looks nothing like whats stuck on the body, which appears to be clayey soil.
She is wild caught but I bought her from a local pet store. The different coloration of substrate is caused by the different lighting and the dryness of said substrate. Plus I just misted the enclosure, so it does turn a bit dark. But other than that, it is the same substrate as she got all over her body.

Wishorama

Arachnopeon
Lol, this is the only message board where such headlines can be enjoyed! Hope the scorpion is fine, though...