Webbing tarantulas

Mikey_Deadcat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just recently got a job at petco. And now i can order tarantulas for like a 20% discount and i was wondering if anyone knows of any tarantulas that web profusely go ahead and let me know. Cause i like tarantulas that web quite alot.

NastyNate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my c.fasticum(sp) costa rican tigerrump webs alot,any kind of arboreals web a lot use the search

Darkmacheen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah my c. fasciatum webs a bunch too. the first day he had his coconut all webbed up and the side of his cage :D

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P. murinus and C. cyaneopubecens are prolific webbers. And of course, all arboreals will web though to varying degrees.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ditto on the C. fasciatum webbing like crazy T's...I've got one myself and i have a hard time seeing into the KK because of the webbing.

Nathan`

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My avic versi has webbed half of it's container up. I had to destroy most of it to get it's molt out though (I wanted to keep it). My Avic Avic is the same way although since being moved into it's new enclosure, it hasn't webbed at all (about a month).

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
C. cyaneopubescens AKA Green Bottle Blue web like crazy, are very colorful, and eat like pigs. :)

~Fred

Easyout58

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sunar said:
C. cyaneopubescens AKA Green Bottle Blue web like crazy, are very colorful, and eat like pigs. :)

~Fred
Yep, I put a stone and two pieces of wood in my GBB's enclosure and she has webbed over them to the point that you can't even tell what they are under all that webbing. They are really amazing creatures.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my gbb and obt are just crazy webbers. Most chilobrachys species ive seen web a lot too.

Midnightcowboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just seconding ever elses observations really, P murinus are heavy webbers, especially RCF. C. cyaneopubescens webs like mad, as does Chilobrachys fimbriatus. Avic's I suppose could be classed as webby T's, they spin their tube web to hide in, but if its manic web machines you're after then you can't go wrong with the other species I mentioned.

Stewart

silverpenny

Arachnopeon
My Holothele incei is a prolific webber, as well, although he spends much of his time in his little tunnel underneath the webbing.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my P irminia, sun tiger, made an impressive funnel web, stretching across most of the enclosure, and halfway down the enclosure for the bottom of the funnel. Dont know if thats typical, but its impressive.

morg59jeep

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry to be off topic but... can petco actually get a viarety of T's in? My local store seldomly has any T's and when they do its always Roseys

demicheru

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Huh, my petco just recently got a B. sabulsoum in, labelled as a "Guatemalan Red Rump"...I was excited by this since it *wasn't* a G. rosea or an A. avic...first time I saw the container was five minutes til the store closed, so I went back the next day to check it out/buy it, and not only was it still a Guatemalan Red Rump, but it looked exactly like a mature male G. rosea, for only $60! When I explained the situation to them, they said "that's what we bought it as"...

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
C.fimbriatus!!!!!!!! They web like no other! I have Pterno's, fasciatums, GBB's and NOTHING webs like my fimbriatus! Everyday I have to remove web from the waterdish just so she can drink!

bugs4life

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mikey_Deadcat said:
I just recently got a job at petco. And now i can order tarantulas for like a 20% discount and i was wondering if anyone knows of any tarantulas that web profusely go ahead and let me know. Cause i like tarantulas that web quite alot.
Oh no...you're one of *THEM*
Hehe jk, PetCo needs some real tarantula lovers. Show 'em how it's done!