We got our new tarantula today!!!

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
So I made a thread earlier about getting my SO into the hobby and it’s official! Today we went and picked up his very first tarantula, it’s an about 1.5-2 inch GBB and when I looked on the ventral side of it it seemed to have a EF so I’m assuming it’s female and we are naming her Mia, after Jane levys character in Evil Dead
DE905864-36C4-4905-B520-4810CBE3D934.jpeg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
She's beautiful! I love that even the smaller GBBs have those striking colours. Congrats on successfully indoctrinating another into the hobby!

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
GBBs are one of the best! At that size they’re pretty tough to sex, but not impossible. Enjoy the webbing!

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
Congrats on your purchase! Now you can start thinking of the next T on your list :angelic: I recently got one as a sling a bit smaller than yours. I find mine to be a little nervous about exploring it's enclosure. Took it a few weeks to start decently webbing

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Aw, I was hoping you were naming her Mia after the RE7 character. :rofl: Evil Dead is pretty good too, though. Awesome T, I'm sure your SO will fall in love. ;)

92qwerty

Arachnopeon
Now thats cute. Gbb is on my wish list along with the chaco golden knee and 1 more brachypelma (vagans preferably but any id take any). Then i would feel complete.
Who am i trying to kid, complete for a little while until somthing else looks appealing.

boina

Lady of the mites
it it seemed to have a EF
Sorry to be that person, but both, males and females have an epigastric furrow... I don't know where this nonsense about males not having one ever came from.

Other than that: Congratulations to your/your partners new spider!

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
Sorry to be that person, but both, males and females have an epigastric furrow... I don't know where this nonsense about males not having one ever came from.

Other than that: Congratulations to your/your partners new spider!
Dang I didn’t know males also had an epigatstic furrow too, the more you know