WC Arizona Scorpion ID and Care Tips?

AZCeptipede

Arachnosquire
I just caught a scorpion in my yard tonight and I got it set up in a terrarium as I'd love to add it to my collection and local species are always cool. I am very much a centipede person and don't know much on the care requirements of ID of the scorp I found, any good resources or advice you know of would be appreciated.

IMG_20180910_000906451.jpg

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Centruroides sculpturatus. careful, this is a medically significant scorpion and can seriously injure you.

Very easy to keep, provide them with a vertical piece of cork bark to hang on. Communal, can be kept in massive groups peacefully

AZCeptipede

Arachnosquire
Centruroides sculpturatus. careful, this is a medically significant scorpion and can seriously injure you.

Very easy to keep, provide them with a vertical piece of cork bark to hang on. Communal, can be kept in massive groups peacefully
Wow good to know! I appreciate the ID and I'll pick it up a cork bark tomorrow .There may be others in my yard a d having a communal would be pretty fascinating.

AZCeptipede

Arachnosquire
I actually went outside and got a piece of bark from the native environment and sterilized it, hopefully this will make it more comfortable.

IMG_20180910_010548561.jpg

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I actually went outside and got a piece of bark from the native environment and sterilized it, hopefully this will make it more comfortable.

View attachment 286177
I can't tell from the image but they need vertically oriented bark to climb up. Also, a water dish. Feed whenever you get around to it, they aren't particularly fussy. I'd avoid hard shelled things tho. Stick with crickets, meal worms, roaches, that sort of thing .