1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WC Arizona Scorpion ID and Care Tips?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by AZCeptipede, Sep 10, 2018.

1. AZCeptipede

AZCeptipede Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    I just caught a scorpion in my yard tonight and I got it set up in a terrarium as I'd love to add it to my collection and local species are always cool. I am very much a centipede person and don't know much on the care requirements of ID of the scorp I found, any good resources or advice you know of would be appreciated.

IMG_20180910_000906451.jpg

2. Smokehound714

Smokehound714 Arachnoking Active Member

Socal
    Centruroides sculpturatus. careful, this is a medically significant scorpion and can seriously injure you.

Very easy to keep, provide them with a vertical piece of cork bark to hang on. Communal, can be kept in massive groups peacefully

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. AZCeptipede

Wow good to know! I appreciate the ID and I'll pick it up a cork bark tomorrow .There may be others in my yard a d having a communal would be pretty fascinating.

4. AZCeptipede

I actually went outside and got a piece of bark from the native environment and sterilized it, hopefully this will make it more comfortable.

IMG_20180910_010548561.jpg

5. darkness975

darkness975 Brachypelma darknessi Arachnosupporter

I can't tell from the image but they need vertically oriented bark to climb up. Also, a water dish. Feed whenever you get around to it, they aren't particularly fussy. I'd avoid hard shelled things tho. Stick with crickets, meal worms, roaches, that sort of thing .

• Like Like x 1