Ways to Mark Millipedes For Identification?

MES

Arachnosquire
Hello!
I have 2 Florida scrub millies in the same enclosure, and I would like to mark them in some way so I can tell them apart (For tracking who comes out to eat, etc). Do any of you have an effective, safe way of doing this?
Thanks!
PS - if anyone wants to try another food for their millies, I tried out a small piece of watermelon and they loved it!

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
You can place a small dot of quick drying paint on one of them this practice is used in the field to mark specimens of various insects for recapture and study.

MES

Arachnosquire
You can place a small dot of quick drying paint on one of them this practice is used in the field to mark specimens of various insects for recapture and study.
Okay, thanks so much! I will try that technique!

MES

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the info! I forgot that would happen, but I would figure out when they molted haha!

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
I never tried this, it's just a idea. But I imagine food coloring would be ok? Or maybe a tiny sticker on their back.

MES

Arachnosquire
Thanks so much for all your suggestions! I actually ended up using a non-toxic kids paint and marked them with a few little dots. They didn't seem to be bothered by it, but we'll see how it holds up!

kuchipatchis

Arachnopeon
i know this is an old post, but i have been thinking of something similar. my sister has a beekeeping catalog and i am curious about buying queen marking pens to maybe use on millipedes once i feel the need to keep track of them. im looking it up now and they dont seem very expensive and i cant imagine that they would be bothersome since theyre meant to go on bugs anyway

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
i know this is an old post, but i have been thinking of something similar. my sister has a beekeeping catalog and i am curious about buying queen marking pens to maybe use on millipedes once i feel the need to keep track of them. im looking it up now and they dont seem very expensive and i cant imagine that they would be bothersome since theyre meant to go on bugs anyway
I remember scorpion expert recomending these bee markers for scorpions, and I think they would be fine for millipedes too.