Water Crystals for Crickets

pureabsolutevoid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Has anyone used the miracle grow water crystals for crickets? What is everyone opinion on this... Also, how do I actually use them. What ratio do I mix them at? When they dry, do I throw them away and get new ones, or do I only put new ones in when the crickets sufficiently dirty them? Thanks!

friendttyy

Arachnolord
I would use common clear water crystals that are sold at toyshops when they grow to full size you just crush them smaller and give to your crickets.

3skulls

Arachnobaron
I get mine from The Bean Farm or LLLReptile, I can't remember.

I use about 1oz per gallon of water.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I just give my crickets romaine lettuce, carrots, potatoes, & sweet potatoes, and they get food and water both from them.

pureabsolutevoid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks guys. I am more specifically asking for advice on people that use this kind of water crystal.

pureabsolutevoid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm still interested in how I know when to change the crystals and whether or not it is okay to add more water to the crystals or to just change them after some amount of time?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
When they look soiled and/or dry before they are consumed, I change them out.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Has anyone else had problems getting their crickets to use water crystals? I have never used them but bought some on Jamie's site.

I had been using only veggies for the water supply. While the crickets did fine with this, I am tired of the gnats that are also attracted to the veggies.

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
You can try spraying a bit of water for them near or on the water crystals to encourage drinking from them.